Presentation materials for an educator inservice on growth mindsets. Includes background information, historical perspectives, a self-assessment, and strategies for assisting students in developing growth mindsets.
“I don’t do teaching for a living, I
live teaching as my doing . . .
and technology has amplified my
passion for doing so.”
I believe that one of the roles and
responsibilities of the 21st century education
is to share resources, ideas, and
instructional strategies with other
educators. As such I Tweet
@jackiegerstein and Blog at
● Historical Precedents
● Video and Online Interactive Exploration of Mindsets
● Tarp Flip - Flipping from a Fixed to a Growth Mindset
● Small Group Slideshow on Growth Mindsets
● Educator with a Growth Mindset - Characteristics & Assessment
● Small group goal setting - identify one or two areas to develop own growth
● Helping Students Develop a Growth Mindset: Brainstorming of how to increase
the growth mindsets of students at Carlos Rosario Public Charter School.
● Possible Follow-up Actions:?
A lot of teachers are saying ‘yes I
have a growth mindset’, without
doing the work and without making a
journey to deeply understand it and
to know how to apply it.
Carol Dweck http://schoolsweek.co.uk/why-mindset-is-