Uses of Smart Fabrics
● Medicine. Health monitoring of vital signs of the wearer such
as heart rate, respiration rate, temperature, activity, and
posture. Monitoring personnel handling hazardous materials.
Remote analysis, medical consultation.
● Sports training data acquisition, analysis.
● Military, Survival, Safety. Increase survival chances in
extreme surrounding. Tracking the position and status of
soldiers in action. Monitoring pilot or truck driver tiredness.
● Innovative Fashion, Style.
● Apathy. If you're not motivated to change, it doesn't matter.
● Simplicity vs. Complexity. We can’t just shove complex psychology into
an app and expect an incredible user experience.
● Personalization vs. Scale. Psychology is generally applied in a clinical
setting, with the best results from 1:1 interactions & does not scale.
● New behavior forming. The process of anticipating/preventing relapse is
integral to lasting behavior change. This important step is almost always
overlooked in technologies
● Integration with Real Life. There exists a natural barrier between doing
something on your phone and taking action in real life.
wearable faced with