Zoom, tilt, rotate buttons.
Changes when hovered over
Close up on the buttons.
Allows you to get the altitude you want.
Changes the angle that you are viewing the
Spins the view around so you are facing a
specific direction. (N,S,E,W)
Fun trick – Press the letter N anytime while in GE
to return the rotation to North.
• Used for “flying”
• Used to find any
• This is also where
you can get
Type in Detroit
In the search box, type in “Detroit, MI” and
press the magnifying glass.
Use the buttons to navigate Detroit.
• This section is
where you manage
all of your stored
Places Section (cont.)
• When you
click the box
next to the
place, it turns
on the marker
• Click on the Grand Canyon link on the left-
hand side of the screen, under the
Inserting a placemark.
To insert a placemark:
Click on the pushpin icon.
Move the pin where you
want the placemark.
Change the icon if you
Name the placemark.
Sample KMZ Files
• You can make tours in Google Earth!
• You can save your placemarks, and
distribute them easily to other Google
• Right-click on the placemark, or
folder, and click Save.
• Airplane Mode
– Hit Ctrl+Alt+A, and a screen will open up
offering airplane mode. The controls for the
plane can be found on Google’s website.
• “Meliza” on Mars
– Click on the planet icon on the toolbar, and
then select Mars.
– When you get to Mars, type “Meliza” into the