Thanks goes to www.hubspot.com
• Email shots
• Direct Mail
• Cold Calling
• Facebook: 5,800,000+ supporters
• Twitter: 450,000+ followers
• LinkedIn: 13,000+ views
• Hillary Clinton used traditional advertising.
• The world of advertising has changed, the way
consumers make choices are different today than they
were a few years ago. It is less about reach but about
• Social Media / Dialogue
• Create awareness,
• Create searchable
• Generate qualified leads
• Support offline
• ...the more qualified links point to your site, the better
your ranking (generally speaking).
• Generate a website with li(n)keable content:
• Make sure to use social bookmarking,
Twitter,Flickr, Facebook & more to signpost your site.
• Support the content by writing SEO friendly, engage
with visitors & open the dialogue.
• Blog: SEO friendly through keyword enrichment
• Website: SEO friendly, link worthy content
• Interlinking of sites (see above)
• Online PR & comments on forums/industry blogs that
link back to your site
• Use analytics to track incoming traffic and most
• PPC campaign to support signposting
• Producing regular valuable content for blog
• Driving traffic to the site, engage with industry, fuel
• Offering valuable content for download: e.g.
• Future: Webinars, webTV, Podcasts
• Survey, newsletter, etc. etc.
• Speaking at industry events
• PR: comments / opinion pieces
• Sponsoring events
• Arranging own seminar/events
• Engaging with industry bodies
• Entering Awards
1. Customize your URL with
your name. My LinkedIn
profile URL is
2. Add Custom Anchor Text
to Links. You can have up
to 3 links on your profile to
other websites, and these
links pass SEO authority: “cb
consulting - Coaching”
• Remember who you are writing for: who is your target
• Be personal!
• Bring news or something to speak about – don’t be
• Paragraphs: bring in paragraphs, make the text flow
• Headlines: be creative, appealing & SEO friendly
• Images: put in some images, ppl like it. But don’t
make them too big (download time)