Alfresco Community Edition 3.2
Designed to Improve Compliance, Productivity & Integration
In addition to enabling mobile content management, streamlining email management and supporting open specifications and standards - including CMIS and IMAP - Alfresco Community 3.2 also lays the groundwork for records management support for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.2 certification in September 2009.
Reducing costs, improving integration, increasing innovation and supporting regulatory requirements top the list of priorities for IT executives in 2009, according to a recent report issued by Forrester Research*.
Alfresco has responded to each of these industry demands in developing enhancements to Alfresco Community Edition 3.2.
New features in Alfresco Community Edition 3.2 include:
* Enhanced Records Management – Laying the groundwork for supporting Records Management (RM) in readiness for DoD 5015.2 certification in September 2009, Alfresco RM will enable companies to support the strict legal requirements needed to manage vital company information.
Functionality will include:
- metadata management,
- YUI-based forms,
- lifecycle management,
- CMIS-based query access,
- email capture, import/export facility and
* Mobile Access – The Smartphone client provides support for mobile devices (including Apple’s iPhone), providing the first ECM designed to enable mobile collaboration for business processes on the go.
Users can now search, view and edit content, activities and tasks from anywhere. Rather than delivery by desktop application, the client interface is designed for the new Smartphone form factors.
* Email Client Access & Archiving via IMAP Support – Simple ‘drag and drop’ allows users to share key messages with colleagues and team members without contributing to the ever-growing volume of forwarded email.
Alfresco’s unique transparent IMAP standard protocol support provides full access to repository services without a client install and can be accessed from mobile devices.
The virtualized repository support enables users to manage and archive emails within the corporate content repository.
* CMIS/Interoperability Support – Alfresco Community 3.2 offers full support (SOAP Web Services, REST and Query) for version 0.61 of the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification, providing the most complete implementation of CMIS to date and allowing CMIS compliant clients and repositories to interoperate and share content across information silos.
* Extranet Collaboration – Alfresco Community 3.2 is scalable to tens of thousands of users, is cloud-ready for EC2 and other cloud service providers and supports content collaboration outside the enterprise or in the cloud.
* WCM Authoring and Deployment –
Huge performance increases to improve deployment of web site content to external web sites through highly-parallel web site deployment and publishing.
Alfresco Community Edition 3.2 is immediately available for download from http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Download_Community_Edition