3. WHAT IS ORGANIZATION STRUTURE? It is a framework defines parameters Creates authority levels Hierarchy of the organisation and working system To achieve objectives Mechanism enable living things to work together Identifies each job, its function It helps to know who has to report to whom within the organisation The appearance of an organization structure is usually pyramidal because there are fewer executive-level positions at the top of the company.
5. DEFINITION OF Organization StructureInthe words of Kast and Rosenzweig,”structure is the established pattern of relationships among the component parts of the organisationAccording to Koontz and O’Donnell,”Organisation is a structural relationship by which an organisation are bound togetherand the framework in which individual effort is coordinated.”
7. Intentionally created:In order to attain specific goals, organisation structure is deliberately created which converts resources into productive enterprise.
8. Provides FrameworkOrganisation structure usually takes the shape of a pyramid. Once the structure is established it acts as a framework that can either constrain or facilitate manegerian actions.
9. Use of ChartIn an organisation, the structural relationships are normally shown through organisational charts. This charts indicate the intended final relationship at a given time.
10. Provides formal pictureOrganisation structure may be horizontal or vertical. The horizontal aspects display basic departmentalisation and vertical aspects display creation of hierarchy of superiors and subordinates.