We support academics, students and other professionals (or researchers) in their work with scientific literature. We provide scientific knowledge. We organize scientific knowledge. We help to explore and share scientific knowledge.
1. www.mendeley.comPrashanth NSFaculty, Institute of Public Health, BangaloreMendeley Advisor An Overview Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp Department of Public Health June 1, 2012
2. What is Mendeley?
3. Based in London, Mendeley are 30+ researchers, graduates andsoftware developers from... Supported by: ...backed by co-founders and former executives of:
4. What is Mendeley? Mendeley is free academic software (Win, Mac & Linux) to manage, share, read, annotate and cite your research papers......and a research network to manageyour papers online, discover researchtrends and statistics, and to connect tolike-minded researchers.
5. Creating your library
6. What is Mendeley? Set up and manage your reference groupsLibrary showing all your documents (citation or table view) Add tags & notes and edit document detailsFilter your papers by authors, keywords, tags, or publications
7. Adding your papersYou have different options to set up your library:• Add single files or an entire folder• “Watch a folder” to automatically import PDF files• Drag and drop PDFs into Mendeley Desktop… and Mendeley will try to extract the document details automaticallyYou can also:• Add existing EndNote/BibTeX/RIS databases• Sync with other reference management webapps• Use Mendeley Web Importer to add from online databases• Add from the Mendeley Research Catalog
8. Document details lookupEnter the DOI, PubMed, or ArXiv ID andclick on the magnifier glass to start lookupMissing info is added automatically
9. Web Importerwww.mendeley.com/import To install the Web Importer, drag & drop the bookmarklet to your Favorites/Bookmarks in your internet browser Supported sites The Web Importer helps you grab citations off the web
10. Using the Web ImporterOn the web page with …then click on “Import” to importthe reference(s) you the reference/paper to yourwant to capture: click on Mendeley library. Ifthe bookmarklet… possible/available, also the associated PDF will be imported.
11. Synchronize and manage your library online You can also add references and edit & manage your library online
12. Managing your documents & references
13. Manage your library Open attached PDF files in integrated viewer Documents can be marked read/unread Star your favorite papersFilter by authors, tags, publications or keywords
14. Search as you type
15. Full text search in Mendeley’s PDF viewer
16. Annotate and highlight
17. Mendeley‘s File Organizer You can find the File Organizer in Tools > Options > File Organizer
18. Citing and sharing references
19. Citing in Word & Open OfficeClick on “Insert Citation” in Word Highlight the paper(s) you want to cite
20. Citing in Word & Open Office Citation will show up based on selected style Generate a bibliography in one click! Cite into Google documents or other editors by copy & paste
21. Share references with Mendeley Groups Groups can be private or public (invite only or open) View the group online –Public groups only have the reference details – no other users can request tofull text. Private groups contain the full text join or simply follow theincluding notes & annotations. activity of the group
22. Create Groups in Mendeley Desktop Private groups contain the full text. Public groups share references only.
23. Create Groups in Mendeley Desktop You can also create groups online.
24. 2 – You can search…1 – Some statistics about your publication