2. This work is licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. For more information, visit http://creativecommons.org . Credit info: Donna Murray, Instructional Technology Specialist murraydo at hickoryschools.net
3. Vision of education today… 21st century skills Engaging Interactive Student-centered Differentiated Creative learning
4. Enter: the iPad as a tool to help meet that vision iPad
5. The iPad is… Light Portable Tactile Mobile Interactive Auditory /visual Literacy support
6. There are tons of free apps, and others that are very inexpensive. Apple does requirethat a separate app license be purchased for each iOS device in an education setting.The volume pricing program enables schools to purchase multiple copies of an app at areduced price. Apps 30% FREE! Volume pricing
8. 1 iPad Use: individual, small/whole group
9. Currently, there are 12 ipads at Jenkins. One ineach K-2 classroom. iPads at Jenkins
10. Professional developmentDonna Murray – Instructional Technology Specialist How I can support schools with iPads…
11. Apple iPad VGA AdapterThis adapter willenable users touse the iPad withthe projector.
12. RockStar headphone splitterGreat tool toenable multiplestudents to hearaudio from theiPad at the sametime
13. There are keyboards designed for the iPad, but you can also use a USB adapter andplug in a USB keyboard.
14. Sample case option http://www.gripcase-usa.com/
15. Sample case option http://iballz.info/
17. Story Kit: app thatenables students tocreate stories. Blogpostscreenshot explains oneteacher’s commentsabout the appfunctionality. http://iphone.childrenslibrary.org/cgi-bin/view.py?b=3hrzgiffccmwkmljfbow
19. iPad apps for art http://ipadsintheartroom.weebly.com/index.html
20. Letter portionof this app isfree. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abc-magnetic-alphabet-learn/id379404787?mt=8
22. Board game apps are great forclassrooms. No more game piecesto lose! And some apps havebuilt-in tutorials.
23. http://www.apple.com/accessibility/ipad/vision.htmliPad has built-in features for accessibility. There arealso a lot of great websites that have lists of appssuitable for students with special needs. http://a4cwsn.com/
24. Example of iPads used in small group of special needs students http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEAmY6M6-4
25. Relatively expensive app, but it is an amazing communication tool!! I bought this for my daughter, Olivia.http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proloquo2go/id308368164?mt=8
26. Show Me appallows you torecord your workwhile you addcontent to thewhiteboardspace, includingaudio. Then, youcan upload videoto showme site. http://www.showme.com/learn
27. Free common core app will provide you with a list of allELA and Math Common Core standards. MasteryConnect program is a subscription-based program thatallows teachers to track student progress. http://www.masteryconnect.com/
28. Love this app! With a wireless connection, the $5 app, and a free download for your PC, you can remotely access your PC desktop. Since iPad doesn’t support Flash, this connection will enable you to play Flash sites on your iPad! And you can connect to your projector and use your iPad as an interactive remote!http://itunes.apple.com/app/splashtop-remote-desktop/id382509315?mt=8&ls=1
29. There are various apps to track student progress. Here’s one!http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-duper-data-tracker/id432397161?mt=8
30. There are various apps to track student progress. Here’s another.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJd8eZC_hrY
31. Choose students randomly with Stick Pick. Also, attach level of Bloom’s to each child and get question stems right on your iPad screen.http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-pick/id436682059?mt=8&ls=1
32. Apple recently introduced interactive textbooks for the iPad. No elementarycontent now.
33. Apple iPad in Education site http://www.apple.com/education/ipad/