Permission granted? Learning and
Teaching copyright issues
Louise Cole, Leeds University Library
Janet Jurica, Secretariat
16 February 2005
First, some questions for you
• Do you put together print or electronic
course packs for your students?
• Are you aware of the copyright licences
we have signed at the University?
• Do you print articles from e-journals to
give to your students?
• Do you work with multimedia?
Today’s session will tell you …
• Which copyright licences we have
to allow you to copy and digitise
material for teaching
• What you should consider when
putting together a print or electronic
• Where to look for teaching-friendly
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.