• Content inserted with CSS.
• Not read out by screen reader software.
• Use only in cases where the content
doesn’t make sense on an unstyled page.
<p class="instructions-search">You can search this site
using the search form provided</p>
content: ", which is below and to the right of the logo.";
Audio and video
• To limit the amount of work required you can combine the audio with
the visual. Start with an audible version, and then repeat with a visual
• Keep it simple - A plain backdrop, not too much movement, speak
simply and clearly.
• Play only on demand. Automatically playing audio visual content is
distraction to many users, annoying to most others
• Include HTML controls to start and stop your movie - ﬂash is still not