Collins is one of only three recording artists (along with Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson) who have sold over 100 million albums worldwide both as solo artists and (separately) as principal members of a band. According to Billboard, when his work with Genesis, his work with other artists, as well as his solo career is totaled, Collins has the most top 40 hits on the Billboard charts for the 1980sHe has won seven Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, and two Golden Globes
Homer: "I'll buy Lisa that pony she's always bugging me for." Marge: "We can't ...Homer: "Marge, with today's gasoline prices, we can't afford not to buy a pony." How many times has aHow many times has an executive asked you to pull some data and you said “I can’t, because we don’t have that tagged”.When was your last retag? Has the site changed.
Before TMS: A mandatory site pixel killed load time.We launched pixel with TMS and fixed the issue.
Don’t Ever Forget Whose Data it is.
Marketer controls which tags load, in what order, under what conditions.
We received 70X our traffic for this contest. Make sure your TMS can keep up with this scale or it won’t work.
TMS can eliminate the “flicker”.
This needs to be summarized into fewer items I think.
Talk to Bus Dev about launches for year.Calculate attribution and optimization gains.
Attribution: CPA paid on last click attribution
TAG MANAGEMENT TOP TIPSACCELERATE 2011 – SAN FRANCISCOSUPER ACCELERATOR SESSIONS
About me: Brandon Bunker• Early Adopter of TMS • I have worked with TMS at 2 different companies. • I have experience with multiple TMS vendors.• An Awkward Example • Presentation Disclosures
10. TMS Fuels Analytics.• Code push implementations are costly, slow and inefficient.• Analytics tools are limited by implementation. Homer:"with todays gas prices, we cant afford not to buy a pony." @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
10. TMS Fuels Analytics• Before TMS, Time normalization was n/a in Site Cat.• For more info see the Innovation Blog @ http://www.ensighten.com/node/203 @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
9. TMS Breaks Down Barriers• TMS’ do more than website analytics.• At first, IT viewed TMS threat; now they view TMS as critical infrastructure. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
9. TMS Breaks Down Barriers.• Current tags deployed through Ensighten.Omniture Foresee Ad.com Test & DFA Criteo LivePerson Facebook Channel Advisor Google Ethnio DoubleClick Target Tumri Kenshoo Oracle Pricegrabber Shopping.com @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
8. TMS Improves Page Load Time• TMS provides: – Asynch tags, Caching and Single Domain for tags. – Real-time conditionals, code minification, SLA’s @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
7. Master Your Data Domains.• Analytics providers try to enforce what you can and can’t do.• Exit barriers have slowed analytics innovation. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
7. Master Your Data Domains.• Send data to multiple providers.• Decreases implementation and switching costs.• Sampling is controlled by TMS (You). @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
6. Turbo Charge Your Analytics• Where the analytics industry is going? – Importance of recent behavioral data.• Integration is time consuming and expensive. – Example: Product rec. engine. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
6. Turbo Charge Your Analytics• Sony has integrated multiple systems via TMS. – Analytics data is being leveraged in real time. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
5. TMS Makes You “Agile”Pottermore by J.K. Rowling – used Ensighten to manageMagic Quill contest @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
5. TMS Makes You “Agile”• Pottermore drove 70x visits.• Key Takeaway – Make sure you TMS system can handle your traffic spikes or you will lose data. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
4. TMS Special Use Case• TMS implementation benefits: – TMS can enforce sampling and server call limits. – TMS can enforce SLA’s. – TMS overlay reduces development time. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
3. TMS Vendor selection• Pure plays vs. TMS as an add on• Always do a POC• Demand security• Special considerations – Privacy – A/B testing – Attribution – Run time execution controls – SLA’s around up time @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
3. TMS Vendor selection• Too Good to Be True• POC with Vendor• Major challenges @ Sony • Rigorous IT and Security Review @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
2. TMS and Budgeting• How to get executive buy in?• My first mention on Twitter. @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
1. TMS Generates ROI @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE
Thanks & questionsBrandon Bunkerhttp://twitter.com/BrandonTBunkerbrandon.firstname.lastname@example.org @BrandonTBunker at #ACCELERATE