This is my first draft of a front cover. It still has no image. The first idea for a title if “Bass” and I am aiming this issue around a band called “It Girl” I also think that there should be more blogs and a better colour scheme.
I like the colours a lot more and the blurbs however I do not feel like the layout is right yet and I also need to include a barcode and price.
I have changed the layout of the copy because I thought that the main article should be on the right. I also added the issue date, price and a barcode.
I did my photo shoot and eventually decided on this image because to me this is has all the conventions of a cover image. I changed the text to red to match the colour pallet and changed the font on the Rage Italic “exclusive” copy before removing it all together
In this draft I have changed the informative copy to black to make it easier to read and to stop the page looking so garish. I have also edited the masthead so that it is all one colour so that the eyes are not darting back and forth looking at the different.
I changed the colour scheme back to the more feminine shades and I changed the font to match.
I changed the hair colours of the people on the models tee shirt so it matched the colour scheme better.
I softened the bold bright pinks and added a more subtle purple for a box to make sure that the text still stood out.
For my final front cover I made the copy stand out and added competitions and a content indicator to the top I also changed the placing of the title and the tagline.