Magazine development


Published on

Published in: Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Magazine development

  1. 1. Magazine Development By Rebecca Pearse
  2. 2. First Draft <ul><li>I started by playing with the design so when I came to create my magazine I knew roughly where I wanted everything to be, I added boxes where I wanted different plugs to be and I put the main image in the centre and started to design the masthead to the style I wanted it. this was useful as it gave me a clear idea where to start when creating my magazine front cover. I also drew a number of other drafts of different designs so that I had a range of styles to choose from. </li></ul>
  3. 3. Second draft <ul><li>Here was my first design, at first I thought I would have ‘Ashleigh’ as the main image with ‘Claire’ in the background. I then added the star design in the corner and other puffs and plugs. Although after reviewing this magazine cover myself I felt that it did not look professional and I thought it may be better to have Claire as the main cover image as conventions of magazines only usually have one person on the cover and this is usually the main character. </li></ul>
  4. 4. Third Design <ul><li>This was the first design that was reviewed by my peers and teacher. When creating this I made the original main cover image to have a red tint by changing the hue and saturation in the programme Photoshop. I added a red glow around the main cover line to show the genre of the film. My feedback told me that the image in the bottom right hand corner did not look professional and that I should remove it or make it smaller. Feedback also told me that the tagline of the film is not usually shown on a front cover. </li></ul>
  5. 5. Forth Design <ul><li>After acting on the feedback from my peers and teacher I then moved the title further down so the full face of the image can be seen then I also got rid of the tagline and made the picture in the corner smaller. I also changed the ‘extra’ to a ‘Plus’ because I thought this was more professional. I also made this bottom star smaller on the page so it did not overlap with the title. </li></ul>
  6. 6. Final Design <ul><li>Here is the final design I changed the colours of a few things on the page to keep the general colour scheme and house style I also made sure that there were no errors in grammar or spelling and made sure that it targeted my desired audience correctly. </li></ul>