Internal Engagement - Attracting, Managing and Delighting Your Team
Attracting, Managing & Delighting Your Team
Brian Wm. Niles
Founder & Chief Evangelist
For Higher Education to Succeed
● Eliminate inefficiencies.
● Do more with less. (aka “scale”)
● Do what you do best (outsource the rest).
● Attract and nurture talent. ←
● Increase accountability.
● Connect “cost” to “outcome” (aka “value”)
My Rules (aka “a life in process”)
● Scale my time.
● Identify priorities.
● Access to information.
● Review results & adjust.
● Protect my time.
● Pick the right people.
380average unread emails
in each TargetX inbox.
● Use the filters
● Keep personal separate
● Act on incoming messages
● Schedule email reading time
● Avoid late night/weekend emails
● Resist responding to all messages
● Use the phone or take a walk
● Team Tips
○ 2 Replies = Move to In-Person
○ Phone Calls = Return Phone Call
○ Create Internal Social Network
■ i.e. Chatter, Slack, Hipchat
○ Email Free Days (e.g. Fridays)
6 Suggestions from Mike
● Drink a glass of water.
● Define your top three.
● Use the 50/10 Rule.
● Move and sweat daily.
● Express gratitude.
● Reflect daily.
Mike Del Ponte is the founder of Soma,who aims to revolutionize the water industry