History of Liferay?
● History :
– Developed In : 2000.
– Developed By : Chief software architect Brian Chan to provide
an enterprise portal solution for non-profit organizations.
– It was recognized by EContent magazine in its "EContent 100"
list of industry leaders and in 2007, InfoWorld named it a
"Technology of the Year".
– Gartner recognized Liferay as visionary leader in the Magic
Quadrant for Horizontal Portal Products in 2008, 2010, 2011,
● Liferay stared with very basic protal architecture and improves as time passes on.
– Version 1.0+
– Version 4.0 +
– Version 5.0 +
– Version 6.0 +
● Current release.
– 6.2.3 (6.2 GA4) / April 17, 2015
● Version 7.0 is going to release.
Who can work with Liferay?
● Although Liferay offers a programming interface
for developers, skills are required for basic
website installation and administration.
● no programming
DL File Store
Portlet Specification 1.0.
Determine the development of Java portal components.
Standard programming model for creating Java portlets.
Called as JCR(Java Content Repository).
Specification for a Java platform application
programming interface (API) to access
content repositories in a uniform manner.
Portlet Specification 2.0.
Advanced & added new feature in JSR-168.
Ajax, IPC, Add state in LifeCycle, WSRP 2.0, Impr Cache.