Why Need Training
Stages IN Training & Development
Practical Work(PTCL & TELENOR)
Introduction Of Organizations
Training & development In Organizations
Training Need Analysis
Types of Training
• Training is an educational process. People
can learn new information, re-learn and
reinforce existing knowledge and skills,
and most importantly have time to think
and consider what new options can help
them improve their effectiveness at work.
• Development is the act of improving
quality of life and making sure everyone
has the preference in what that life looks
like. These choices are widened through
the combined effort
STAGES IN THE TRAINING &
• Reaction: How was the training overall? What
did participants like and dislike?
• Learning: What knowledge and abilities did
participants learn at the training?
• Behavior: How have participants applied the
skills they learned?
• Results: What was the effect on the agency or
Methods of Training and
Distance learning & video
On-the-job training (OJT)
Mentoring & coaching
Telecommunication Company Ltd(PTCL)
Company Limited (PTCL) is
considered as one of the most
rapidly growing telecommunication
companies in Pakistan. It comprises
of cellular company Ufone and
internet provider Pak Net In 2005, it
was partially privatized to UAE
Training and Development
Orientation is given to new employees according to
• Policies, Rules and Regulations of the organization
• Duties and responsibilities to be performed
• Routine Task
• Communication to colleagues and immediate boss
Training Need Analysis (TNA)
• PTCL do TNA by performance evaluation
through Performance Management Software
(PMS), observation or asking by employees’
Types of training
PTCL do TNA provides following two types of
On the job training
Off the job training
On-the job Training
It includes learning by observation
Training by supervisor
Training by colleagues
Learning by doing
Off-the job Training
For off-the job training PTCL have training centers
• PTCL training centers
• ITC academy Islamabad
From recent 3 years their own former or existing
employees give training to new employees
After training they also evaluate the difference in
PTCL has also outsourced some of its
departments as well as employees
Mostly it has outsourced the customer care
It hires the outsourced employees by :
• E square
• Third party Radar
• Worlds 7th largest Telecom Company
• Total Subscriber of 19.98 million-y 2009
• Telenor Investment in Pakistan is 2 billion
• Telenor is creating 2500 direct while
25000 indirect employment opportunities
Training & development IN
In house training
In house Training
System related training
Product related training
Front end desk training
Operational wise training
Telenor’s culture and Training:
• Employees are really satisfied with the
norms and values of the Telenor’s internal
• The 90% of the employees of the Telenor
take the training most effective.
TNA at Telenor:
• Techniques for Determining Specific
– Performance Appraisal
– Job description
TRAINING DESIGN MODEL :
Trainees’ Learning Style
• Training evaluation ensures that whether
candidates are able to implement their
learning in their respective workplaces, or
to the regular work routines.
PURPOSES OF TRAINING
The five main purposes of training
• Proper Training Programs.
• Discussion with Trainer about Training.
• Growth Opportunities.
• Motivate Employees.
• Friendly Environment.
Trainer Must be well Trained .
Training must be a continuous process,
of the Training must be Evaluate.
Provide training in “chunks” that are scheduled over a
period of time.
Every individual, supervisor, attend Training Session.
Make use of session pre-work during the actual training
Increase trainee investment in the session by
engaging them in tasks requiring action.