Glasgow Science Centre
Glasgow Science Centre is a visitor attraction located on the south bank of the River Clyde in Glasgow,
Scotland. It is a purpose-builtscience centre composed of three principal buildings which are the Science
Mall, an IMAX cinema and the Glasgow Tower. The Scottish tourist board, VisitScotland, awarded Glasgow
Science Centre, located in the Clyde Waterfront Regeneration area, a five star rating in the visitor attraction
category. As well as its main location, Glasgow Science Centre also manages the visitor centre at Whitelee
Wind Farm, which opened to the public in 2009
The People's Palace and Winter Gardens in Glasgow, Scotland is a museum and glasshouse situated in
Glasgow Green, and was opened on 22 January, 1898 by the Earl of Rosebery.
St Mungo Museum of Religious Life
The St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art is a museum of religion in Glasgow, Scotland. It is quoted as being the only
public museum in the world devoted solely to this subject, though another notable museum of this kind is the State Historical
Museum of Religion in St.Petersburg. The museum, which opened in 1993, is located in Cathedral Square, on the lands of
Glasgow Cathedral off High Street. The museum was constructed near site of the medieval castle complex of the Archbishops
of the diocese of Glasgow, parts of which can be seen inside the Cathedral and at the Peoples Palace Museum, at Glasgow
Green. The museum was built in an ersatz-medieval style to blend in with the nearby Provands Lordship House.
The museum houses exhibits relating to all the world's major religions, including a Zen garden and a sculpture showing
Islamic calligraphy. It housed Salvador Dalí’s painting Christ of Saint John of the Cross from its opening in 1993 until the
reopening of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in 2006.
Glasgow Museum of Transport
The Glasgow Museum of Transport in Glasgow, Scotland was established in 1964 and initially located at a
former tram depot in Pollokshields. From 1987 the museum was relocated to the city's Kelvin Hall. It closed
on 18 April 2010 in preparation for relocation to the Riverside Museum building at Glasgow Harbor in 2011.
St Andrew's Cathedral
St Andrew's Cathedral, built in 1816, is seen in a new light since its restoration, completed in April 2011.
Visitors remark on the brightness, the colour, the space.... a much-loved church restored to the people of Glasgow
and welcoming all who come to visit. The artwork and the imaginative cloister garden all enhance this sacred space.
Come and visit, and if you are too far away at present, take a look through these pages to experience something of the
life of the Cathedral people.
The Cloister Garden, with its own entrance from Clyde Street, invites the visitor to read the story of the
Archdiocese and the Cathedral; walk among the mirrored plinths and reflect on words of inspiration from Scripture
Sharmanka Kinetic Theatre
Sharmanka (Russian for hurdy gurdy) is a theatre of kinetic sculptures. Founded in St. Petersburg (Russia) in
1989, it has been based in Glasgow since 1996.