Diary of filming

191 views

Published on

diary of edit and film

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
191
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
40
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Diary of filming

  1. 1. Diary of FilmingWednesday 22nd February 2012Today was the first day we were able to film after thehalf term which we couldn’t do as a lot of members wewere unable to get hold of. Today was stressful and manicat first as this was our last chance to film and our cameraperson wasn’t present. Once we had sorted that issue outwe were able to start filming the box scene. We seteverything in up in the green room as the drama studiowas occupied by another class and it worked really well.We were able to get the room dark enough so that theonly light source was candle light which we safely usedwithout the fire alarms going off. Once we had set up thebox and all the prehistoric material around it, we wereready to shoot in a handheld motion and it came out theway we wanted it. About 2 hours later we went outsideand shot the scene with our actress after retrieving thedress and fake blood that we had borrowed. Whilst wewere all pitching in with the best way to film in, wemanaged to take a whole load of shots just to make surethat we had the right ones.
  2. 2. Diary Of Editing Wednesday 29th February 2012 We started editing later then everyone else because wecouldn’t film as early but once we started only three groupmembers were present. We have never had a session where allthe group members have been available to participate at thesame time. There were a few complications with our footage asthere were a lot of glitches due to a conversion that had to takeplace because I was unaware that you could not put the memoryin a PC as the files are different to a Mac. Once that hadsorted which took up most of the time, with the little time wehad left we had to try and sort through the footage we did anddidn’t want. We got rid of some of it but because of a bit ofconflict between the group we didn’t get to finish this task.
  3. 3. Diary Of Editing 2 Friday 2nd March 2012 Today was the second day of editing where all group memberswere present except one. Continuing with the discarding offootage from the last session, we managed to narrow down whatfootage were the definite ones that we were going to use. Wemanaged to put them together as a rough cut on the timeline butthe glitches still occurred until we rendered it all. This was aload off our shoulders otherwise we would’ve had to shoot all over again. The rough-cut took us a while and we were not able to stay behind for along as most lecturers with access to the editing suite had to leave.Nonetheless we managed to add a few titles and figure out how add sounds and effects for the next stage of our construction.

×