Jonathan Farber, Ph.D. - Foods You Should Be Eating
H E A LT H T I P S : 5 S U P E R - F O O D S
Y O U S H O U L D B E E AT I N G
C R E A T E D B Y J O N A T H A N FA R B E R , P H . D .
• As you know, maintaining a
healthy diet is essential for
both your body and your
• Each day, you should think
about what you’re eating and
how it plays a large part in the
way you act and feel.
• In order to keep track of
whether or not you are
getting enough nutrients
and thinking of food as
fuel, try keeping a food
• In your journal, you’ll want
to note foods that give
you the most health
• Here are the top five
superfoods you should be
eating each week…
• First, let’s talk about eating clean and green.
• Spinach is undoubtedly one of the most nutritious
superfoods you can ingest.
• Though kale
may be the
latest diet fad,
spinach is the
winner of the
best green leaf
that offers the
• Not only is it free of cholesterol, sugar, and fat - but it’s
loaded with calcium, fiber, and beta carotene (a nutrient
that supports a healthy immune system and good vision).
• Next on the list are bananas.
• Bananas are loaded with potassium - about 400 mg each - which helps to
lower high blood pressure, and in turn reduce your risk for heart disease
and stroke (which happens to be the leading cause of death worldwide).
• Bananas are also
filled with healthy,
digestible carbs that
help to fuel your
• Remember, you
should always think of
food as fuel instead
of as a pleasurable
• In addition, bananas are also known to help boost your mood and
give you a better night’s sleep.
• Next on this list are black beans, which contain complex carbs,
fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, copper, iron, phosphorous, and
• According to an article published by Men’s Fitness:
• “A 2011 study found black beans help improve insulin
resistance, lowering your risk for obesity. What’s more,
black beans have 15g of protein per cooked cup; that’s
an impressive amount for a plant,” (10 Superfoods
People Have Totally Forgotten About).
• Almonds are another
powerful superfood high
in protein, fiber, vitamin
E, and unsaturated fats.
• Many people tend to
avoid them because
they are high in calories
- however, they are great
for your digestive
system, skin, and heart.
• Though you shouldn’t eat too
many almonds each day,
having a small amount as a
snack at work or even before
a workout is a great idea.
• Last on this list are the ever-delicious, very mistaken-for-veggies, tomatoes.
• Tomatoes are great for men in particular because they help with prostate
• And, unlike spinach, tomatoes are more nutritious when you cook them.
• So feel free to slice them up for a healthy morning omelette, a
hearty salad for lunch, or even make your own pasta sauce when
you’re craving Italian - you really can’t go wrong by putting
tomatoes in pretty much anything
• There you have it - a list of the top ﬁve super-foods you
should be eating regularly.
• Though, keep in mind the saying, “everything in moderation,”
because you should always pay attention to portions and
controlling the amount of food you intake.
• Remember, it may be hard to get
healthy at ﬁrst, but once you
continue to make eating clean a part
of your lifestyle, you’ll notice the
incredible health beneﬁts that play a
part in how you feel both mentally