1. Stephen P. Crane, CSCP Wacker Chemical Corporation Director Strategic Supply Chain Implementing an Integrated Sales & Operations Planning Process August 11, 2009 An Executive S&OP Case Study Supply Chain & Operations Group Supply Side Demand Side
7. FROM 10,000 FEET Executive S&OP A process to reconcile, agree upon, and communicate the company game plan -- Operations (Units/Hours/Materials) Product Development (Product Introduction) Finance (Dollars) Sales & Marketing (Units/$$ by family)
9. SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING’S PLACE Strategic Planning Business Planning Sales & Operations Planning Plant, Supplier, Distribution Scheduling & Execution
11. IMPLEMENTATION PATH Months Business Improvement 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Phase I Preparation Phase II Expansion Phase III Financial Integration
12. IMPLEMENTATION ALTERNATIVES “ Build it and they will come” – design it first, get the mechanics working, then attempt to sell it to top management = Low probability of success “ Hold the high ground” – involve top management at the very beginning of implementation and throughout = High probability of success
39. The WACKER Group THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION Stephen P. Crane Director Strategic Supply Chain Management [email_address] CREATING TOMORROW'S SOLUTIONS
Major sources for forecast inaccuracy: Upside account assumptions Consignment billing issues Price increases Raw material supply allocations APO master data
If you answer no to any of these questions, you have an opportunity to go back and make improvements to your current S&OP process. Hopefully you have heard a few key points this afternoon that you can take back to your company and apply to your S&OP process. Thank you.