Our in-depth study used advanced statistical analysis to show that links to your site are even more powerfully correlated with ranking than most people think. See the complete study at stonet.co/link-study.
18. And when we took the aggregate correlations
across blocks of 10 search results, the
Spearman Correlation jumped to perfect!
19. I believe that these aggregated calculations
show a far truer picture of the true power of
links than the mean-based methods of the
20. By the way, a manual analysis of several
hundred results revealed that the following
types of results are likely NOT
as influenced by links:
• Local results (not maps results, but results that
are locally influenced)
• Query deserves diversity
• In Depth Articles
These accounted for about 6% of the results.
21. But all this does not mean your content
quality is irrelevant. Far from it!
If your content is not relevant or competitive,
links won't help ranking.
If it is, links will make the difference.
22. Our own experience working with many
Fortune 500 clients bears out the value of
good backlinks to quality, relevant content.
We don’t find that links can rescue
poor quality content, or cause low relevance
content to rank.
Also, all of our efforts focus on getting
recognition from, or content published on,
very high authority sites.