Joined UKM in 1996 to replace Dr Hashami
Bohari, in Health Promotion.
• Did various video projects for Prof Dr KG Rampal.
• Did the video for Inaugural Lecture for Prof Dr Osman Ali.
• Did various videos for UKM with the late Husin Hasan such as “30
years of UKM Medical Faculty” using Scala MM.
• Became the faculty e-learning facilitator from 2010 till now.
• Facilitated the transition of CPC to become an online thing in 2020.
• Now the Facilitator for Unit Penyiaran & Digital. Now I am back
supporting events such as Inaugural Lectures & hybrid events.
• The last 2 items are done through OBS Studio.
OBS Studio for What?
1. Recording video of online lectures for editing later.
2. For creating a virtual camera of the OBS video output, so can put
that into Zoom or Teams or Meet.
3. For “chroma keying” (green screen), to integrate separate media
sources into one OBS video output.
4. For streaming any teaching session to YouTube or/and Facebook.
5. As a control board for any hybrid event or a large online conference.
In this part, I
useful to us;
Download OBS Studio from
Download pdf file from
Watch the video at
Install OBS Studio On
Configure Your OBS Studio Scene
• I created a scene in OBS, which
has the webcam, UKM logo, a
scrolling text, running in front of
a gray background.
• Just click the “+” button to
create a new scene, and the “+”
button in the second box to
create the “layers”.
What do you need?
• Background image for your scrolling text, preferably in gray, size 1920
x 70 pixel. Can also make it colourful.
• Logo UKM
Playback video on how to create a “scene”
What to do at the end?
CLICK “STOP GO LIVE ON FB”
AND SAVE THE VIDEO.
SWITCH TO OBS STUDIO AND
CLICK “STOP STREAMING”.
SHUTDOWN ALL OTHER APPS
(TEAMS OR ZOOM) ON THE PC.
You don’t have to spend RM7600 to stream your
webinar/lectures online. Instead you can pull it off with a
budget of EUR5 by doing what I did.
Of course the Finance Department won’t allow you to do
that because public universities can’t buy stuff online,
instead you must go through the local vendors.
But at least I have proven that technology wise, it is
feasible. I don’t want to comment on the other issues.