• Developing a successful digital strategy
• What 2015 has on offer
There’s no ‘shining bullet’ in digital.
The ‘big idea’ is dead.
• Make all the ‘little ideas’ add
up to something big! It’s
actually hard work.
• Try not to get stuck in the day-
to-day and remain a focused on
the long game.
Poster by Frank Chimero (http://frankchimero.com/)
• The world is ﬁnite and budgets are too.
• It’s a vision - where you want to go.
• Allocate effort across activities for the best result
• Grow maturity and capabilities
• Measure your progress - what’s working and what
can be improved
Why is strategy important?
• Customer experience
• Brand reputation
Key aspects of a successful strategy
• Ad spend
• Open Data
• User Experience
• Returns policy
• Easy of use
• Up/cross sell
• Loyalty program
• Customer Service
• Brand advocates
• Sales generated via Facebook is on the rise
• “Facebook Pages that post promotional creative
should expect their organic distribution to fall
signiﬁcantly over time”
• The free ride is over.
• You’ll need to budget for ad spend.
In-store payment has already evolved.
So will online payment.
• Lots of little ideas!
• Develop a roadmap
• Storytelling for your brand (Hire a copywriter!)
• Don’t forget the long term!