Now in Preview…
1. Preview: BizTalk Hybrid Connections-Connect to any on-premises
TCP or HTTP resource from Azure Web Sites.
2. Preview: Internal load balancing for virtual machines-Load-
balance Azure (VMs) with private IP addresses within a virtual
3. Preview: Azure RemoteApp-Azure RemoteApp delivers Windows
Server session-based applications from Azure. The service is now
in public preview and provided at no additional cost during the
4. Preview: Azure Files-Mount a shared file system and access it from
various virtual machines in an Azure datacenter.
Now in Preview…
5. Preview: API Management-Publish APIs more reliably,
more securely, and at scale.
6. Preview: Instance-level public IPs for virtual machines-
Assign public IP addresses to your virtual machines, so
they become directly addressable.
7. Preview: Redis Cache Service-A distributed, in-memory,
managed cache based on the open-source Redis Cache.
1. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 client VM images are now available
for MSDN subscribers- Virtual machine images for Windows 7
and Windows 8.1 are now available in the Azure virtual machine
2. Priority support plans now available from the providers of top
Linux distributions-If you’re running Linux in Azure Virtual
Machines and have purchased Azure support, you can take
advantage of priority support plans.
3. Microsoft Antimalware and security partnerships with Trend Micro
and Symantec-Microsoft Antimalware offers customers the ability
to install an antimalware agent for both PaaS roles and virtual
4. Deployment slots in Azure Websites expanded to 4+1 slots-Azure
Websites deployment slots have been expanded to 4+1.
5. Azure Store available to direct EA customers and channel
partners-Azure EA customers in North America and Europe can
purchase a range of application and data services from 3rd party
providers through the Azure Store and have these subscriptions
automatically billed against their EA.
6. Scheduler GA pricing update-Scheduler GA pricing is now in
7. Traffic Manager support for external endpoints-Manage traffic for
endpoints that live inside or outside of Azure.
1. General Availability: Import/Export -Instead of transferring your
data over the Internet, send your hard drives directly to an Azure
2. General Availability: VNET-to-VNET connections for virtual
networks- Directly and securely connect multiple Azure virtual
3. General Availability: Multiple site-to-site connections-Securely
connect multiple on-premises locations with a virtual network
(VNet) in Azure.
4. General Availability: Managed Cache Service- A highly secured,
dedicated cache that’s managed by Microsoft.
5. General Availability: IP Reservation for VIPs-Reserve public IP
addresses and use them as virtual IP (VIP) addresses for your
6. General Availability: Compute-intensive A8 and A9 instances for
virtual machines-Faster processors, faster interconnectivity, more
virtual cores for higher computing power, and larger amounts of
7. General Availability: ExpressRoute-ExpressRoute offers a 99.9%
SLA on ExpressRoute connection uptime and two new bandwidth
tiers for the Exchange Provider scenario: 200 Mbps and 500 Mbps.