Successfully reported this slideshow.
• They will both contain the same colours, fonts and masthead as
used on the cover. I think doing this allows the magazine to feel
less fragmented and create a sense of synergy between the two
aspects of my magazine.
• The cover and head lines I’ve used one my cover will also be
featured more in depth, as on the contents it may have the page
number to the article listed on the cover but also it will contain a
brief summary of what the overall feel for the article is.
• I feel having the same colour scheme throughout a magazine
helps it to feel whole as too many colours can distract from the
magazine’s contents. So by having just a few colours it allows the
reads to really notice the articles or photos. Also by having plain
colours such as black and grey as the most prominent colours on
the cover and contents, it allows the writing or splash I’ve put in
yellow or red to really catch the eye of the reader.
• My cover image is an extreme close up in black and white, it works
well and it looks good. However on the contents my photo will be
in colour as having all the photos in black and white may stray
from synergy to boring. The contents photo will be a medium long
• I have decided I have enough photos. My cover star is a solo act
so he will be the only one on the cover and article. I feel having a
different artist on the contents gives my magazine more variety
rather than focussing purely on one artist or band.
• The contents photo will be a medium long shot, it will be in colour
and taken in front of the white background unlike my cover.
• Yes, my magazine will included an editors letter at the bottom of
the contents page, with a photo of the editor beside it. I feel as I
plan to make this magazine as the first edition, having an editors
letter is key. It will set the mood for the whole magazine and let
the readers know how and why the magazine will write their
articles, reviews etc. This can make it easier for the readers to
develop a relationship with the magazine if they’ve heard from the
• The editor will speak in informative way, letting the readers know
what the magazine is all about, why they’ll enjoy it and perhaps
some plans for the future of it.
• It is not essential for every magazine to have it but as mine is a
past and present rock magazine it may be necessary to set the
tone for the readers.
The magazine contents will contain:
• ‘News’- a section devoted to letting the readers know all the big
news in the rock world, whether it’s new album release dates,
band breakups or record breakers, it’ll be included.
• ‘Features’- The main chunk of the contents, it’ll include all the
articles and posters etc. included inside. This can be the main
article on our cover star, to the smaller interviews with up and
coming bands or artists on our radar
• ‘Live’- Is the section we give to gig reviews, festival performances
or surprise appearances. The best shows of that month there for
the readers to enjoy, along with a array of photos of the gigs.
• ‘Reviews’- In this part we review the latest albums or singles being
dropped by new or old rock talented, with track by track analysis
and ratings dependent of style, music and lyrics.
• My magazine will have two columns. On the left side will feature of
photo, taking over almost 2/3 of the left side, underneath that will
be the related page number and brief summary of the article
attached to the photo. Then finally the left column finishes with an
editors letter just introducing the readers to the magazine.
• The right column will have our list of contents, including news,
reviews, live and features, each individual section contain
summaries of its’ contents.
• In know the more you have the busier it looks but in my case I
didn’t want it to look overly busy, I felt keeping it simple with two
columns would be sufficient for getting across my message to the
readers in a clear sense.
• Will you include any quotes? What will they be?
How will you make the page numbers easy to see?
Will you include subscription information?
Will you create any graphics/boarders/boxes/line to
help define the layout?
• I will follow on from my cover with the use of quotes as they help
to give the magazine a more realistic feel, on my cover the quote
is “sex, drugs and rock and roll” said to be quoted by the cover
star. I feel that looks and sounds like something a rock star would
say, which gives it credibility.
• For my contents, underneath the photo will read a little quote, to
give a taster of the article and the artist featured views. It may be
along the lines of “The bands dead. Its time for my solo career to
be born” which sets up a glimpse for the article.
• The page numbers will be in a big font, in a dark red colour. I feel
this will lock in well with the other red on the page, as well as
making it easy for the page numbers to be read.
• Under the editors letter there may be a website in which a
subscription can be made.
• I feel the way my columns will go together, the photo will act as a
line between the two.