• 6 billion video views per day on Snapchat (for context,
Facebook videos get 8 billion per day)
• Whats App: 800 million active users (for context,
Facebook has 1.19 billion active users)
• Facebook Messenger: 700 million active users
• Re-adjust expectations
• Consider removing the share icons from your blog (DID I
JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!?!?!?)
• And forget about “Success Theater”
(HT: Greg Swan)
What does this mean for YOU?
#6 - Brand
Blogs are finally starting to look less like,
And starting to look a lot more like the
“new, simplified web.”
Why say “no” to blog comments?
• See bullet #5.
• More convos on Facebook, LinkedIn?
• What if I don’t have ANY comments?
7 trends that impact every blogger
in this room
• Avoid the content shock.
• RSS=dead. E-newsletters=Alive and well.
• Content syndication is critical
• The rise of DIY visual tools
• Social sharing ain’t what it used to be
• Blogs are starting to look less like blogs.
• The blog comment may officially be dead.
arikhanson.com (sign up for Talking Points)