• Swarovski is the brand name for a range of precisely-cut crystal and related luxury products produced by Swarovski AG of Wattens, Austria.• The Swarovski Crystal range includes crystal glass sculptures and miniatures, jewelry and couture, home decor and chandeliers• All sculptures are marked with a logo. The original Swarovski logo was an edelweiss flower, which was replaced by a "S.A.L." logo, which was finally replaced with the current swan logo in 1988
• Daniel Swarovski (October 24, 1862 – January 23, 1956) was born in northern Bohemia (now the Czech Republic). His father was a glass cutter who owned a small glass factory. It was there that a young Swarovski served an apprenticeship, becoming skilled in the art of glass-cutting. In 1892 he patented an electric cutting machine that facilitated the production of crystal glass.
• In 1895, Swarovski financier Armand Kosman and Franz Weis founded the Swarovski company, originally known as A. Kosmann, Daniel Swarovski & Co, which was later shortened to K.S. & Co. The company established a crystal cutting factory in Wattens, Tyrol (Austria), to take advantage of local hydroelectricity for the energy-intensive grinding processes Daniel Swarovski patented
SUBSIDARY COMPANIES:•Daniel SwarovskiJewelry, handbags, accessories and interior design objects.•Swarovski OptikOptics.•Atelier SwarovskiFashion and jewelry designers.•Swarovski Crystal PalaceAvant-garde lighting and design (chandeliers etc.).•Crystallized - Swarovski ElementsCrystal designs.•Enlightened - Swarovski ElementsGemstone designs.
• Strass Swarovski CrystalCrystal components used in lighting, design and manufacturing.• Swarovski LightingSwarovski finished lighting products and solutions with crystal forarchitecture.• TyrolitA bonded grinding and dressing tools company.• SwareflexA road safety products specialist.• SchonbekA crystal chandelier manufacturer.• Touchstone CrystalSwarovskis direct sales company for ready-made jewelry
FACTS AND FIGURES: SWAROVSKIGROUP AND SWAROVSKI CRYSTALBUSINESS (SCB)2009 Turnover FiguresTurnover 2009 2.25 Billion EuroCrystal Business 1.77 Billion EuroTyrolit Business 0.39 Billion EuroOptic Business 0.09 Billion EuroEmployees Dec. 31, 2009Worldwide Swarovski Group 24,841Swarovski Crystal Business 20,029Tyrolit Business 4,123Optic Business 689
• Annual turnover : $50 - 100 million• Own-operated Swarovski boutiques concessions partner-operatedboutiques 1014 1014 819• Production locations in the following 18countries:Argentina, Austria, Brazil, China, Czech Republic,France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan,Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey,UK, USA
• Number of staff: 804(in wattens)• Total spent on wages: 12,779,000 euros• Average staff pay: 15894.28• Swarovski is active in 120 countries. The company is directed by family members of the fourth and fifth generation. In 2007, the company had a turnover of 2.56 billion Euros.• In 2009, Swarovskis turnover dropped by 11 percent, thereby making restructuring measures necessary claims the company. Swarovski currently employs 25,000 staff members in 120 countries.
TOP LOCATIONS• Providence, Rhode Island Area (135)• Zürich Area, Switzerland (105)• Greater New York City Area (52)• Paris Area, France (52)• Barcelona Area, Spain (40)• Milan Area, Italy (35)
COMMON JOB TITLES:• Store Manager 8%• Manager 5%• Sales Associate 4%• Sales Consultant 3%• Sales Manager 3%• Median Age 31 years• Median Tenure 2 years• Male 38%• Female 62%
• Swarovski defines itself as a creative partner for customers in the fashion, jewellery, accessories and interior industry. Therefore, an intensive trend research is a basic requirement for successful cooperations with creative people as well as for the development of innovations with the highest design relevance