Founded in 1992 by its Parent company urban outfitters. Aimed at the 30 to 40-year old, trendy, affluent, professional woman.
Anthropologie's Brand Position
• Who is Anthropologie? • Mission Statement: "An inspiring place to shop for Womens clothing, accessories, and home decor."
• Plenty of disposable cash• 25 – 55 years old – Active lifestyle and rich• College or post- in travel and cultural graduate education events• Median household • Married couples with income: $91K - $93K few children• Ethnically diverse with above average concentration of Asians• Young single professionals
• Grocery Shop’s at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods• Travels to Spain, Portugal, or Japan• Tech-savvy• Well-read • Reads the New York Times and Interested in cooking, gardening, and wine• Relatively fit• Attends Classical/Opera performance• In tune with trends, but a confident individualist when it comes to style
• Anthropologie as a brand exudes a: – sense of romance, craftsmanship, b ohemian-ness, as well as creativity.• Brand Salience - Anthropologie effectively achieves brand salience by simply being located at one of the busiest streets in San Francisco, Market Street.
• Window Displays – Intricate front window displays in high traffic areas• Bags – Shopping bags advertise the logo to trigger emotion when different consumers see the bag• Catalogues, Online• Corporate Social Responsibility – Believes in spending big money on charity rather than advertising• Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube• They really adapt well to their growing market
Logo: No more than 3 different logos.Simple, clean, and easily identified.
Store Front: Always artistic,detailed, and crafted window displays
• - Sub-Brands: Leifsdottir, manufactured and distributed by UOI, exclusively sold at Anthropologie.
• Aural Cues: Distinctly Anthropologie; as if you have stepped into another world.