Who are we?
Accenture is one of the world’s leading
management consulting, technology services and
outsourcing organizations, with more than 246,000
Where are we?
Has offices and operations in 53 countries around the globe;
and revenues of $25.5 billion for fiscal 2011
Was originally part of Andersen accounting.
Split up in 1989 and was named Accenture.
Initially had problems of brand dilution
because of its parent company.
After the split ,it raised a need to establish
a unique brand value proposition.
As a result launched a global campaign
targeting high level executives of its
prospects and clients.
• Brand equity increased by 11 percent.
• Inquiry rate increased by 350%
• Awareness of the company increased by 96 percent
As a result
All these enabled to successfully complete a $1.7 Billion IPO
It then realised it delivered a Point of
Parity which was ,it provided solutions
as well as implemented them.
Therefore in 2002.It established a new
brand position with “Innovation delivered”
as its theme.
With this new position ,Accenture introduced
contracts with incentives that is realized only
when certain business targets are met
In 2003, built upon the theme to “High Performance
delivered” and partnered with Tiger Woods to be its
Over the next 6 years,
spent $300 million in
ads and featured Tiger
Woods with slogans
like “Go on. Be a tiger”.
In 2009 Tiger Woods was involved in a
scandal and focus groups showed that they
were too distracted by the scandal rather
than Accenture’s message. Therefore
Woods had to be dropped as their
In 2011, Accenture launched a
campaign “greater than”.
It highlighted successful case
studies from a wide variety of
Used its “greater
than” symbol as a
major element in its
• Its clients include 99 of the Fortune Global
100 and more then ¾ of the Fortune 500.
• 2017 fiscal revenues of $37.4 billion.
• Brand value close to $9 billion
How does Accenture target its B-to-B audience so effectively?
• Prevented itself from diluting being under its parent brand.
• Unique value proposition compared to its competitors.
• Used an opinion leader such as Tiger Woods.
• Incentive based solutions for its clients.
Evaluate Accenture’s history of branding campaigns. What remains consistent throughout?
Initially Accenture had focused on top level executives of its prospects and clients
Then it focused on bringing in a new value proposition of “innovation delivered”. After the
Scandal of its major spokesperson Tiger woods it again tried to provide an unique brand
Position through its “greater” than campaign. In all of its campaigns Accenture has always
Tried to provide an unique brand value proposition and tries to offer its clients with better
• Accenture is a B to B company with its theme “High Performance delivered”.
• Due its unique brand value proposition and marketing campaigns it has become
one of the big leaders in consulting.
• It had used famous opinion leaders such as Tiger woods in its campaigns.
Created by Siddharth JP,IIT Madras as a part of a Marketing Internship under
Prof. Sameer Mathur IIM Lucknow