COMPANY: BIHAR STATE CO-OPERATIVE MILK PRODUCERS
Year of Establishment :-1983
Business Type:- Exporter , Manufacturer , Supplier.
Capital in Rupees:- Rs. 10 crore
Export Percentage :- 20%
Sales Volume Rs.:- 500 crore
No of Staff :-750
Export Markets :-America, Britain, France, South East Asia, Russia
and Gulf countries
Investment on Manufacturing Equipment:- Rs. 30 crore
Production Type :-Automatic
No of Engineers:-45
SUDHA SECRET OF SUCCESS
High quality product.
Looking back on the path traversed.
Availability of raw material.
Staff of the village society.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study in this project we are going to study the
To investigate Market potential of Sudha Dairy Product in Gaya.
To know the preference of Customer and Retailer towards SUDHA milk.
To analyse the popularity and awareness level amongst the Customers and
For my project point of view, the method mainly used are:
Survey by route ride:The survey method by route ride I usually went with Sudha van
with salesman. I met the retailers from outlets to outlets. This survey
method helps me a lot to Understand about the distribution system and
to understand the problem of retailers and other people.
Personal interview by questionnaire technique:In this method the direct interaction of occurred with the retailers and I
could collect the reliable information from them it has also cost disadvantage
that’s why some were difficult to covered
Sampling unit: sampling unit consist of consumers & retailer, it
mainly comprises of consumers in Gaya.
Sampling method: convenience sampling method.
The sampling techniques involved in this project are convenience sampling
technique. Convenience sampling is a type of nonprobability sampling in
which people are sampled simply because they are "convenient" sources of
data for researchers.
The respondents were interviewed at various places like residence and
outlet shop of milk products.
Sample size: It consists of 100 Consumers & 25 Retailers.
DATA COLLECTION METHODS
In this method the various information are gathered for the very first time or we can
say that it is a way of getting first-hand information. Primary data is gathered by
interview, questionnaire. This primary data collection was major part of field survey.
The information collection process and methodology which I followed secondary
data with the help of Internal source (Life history, Letters, Diaries and Memory),
External Sources (Book, Business Journals, Websites etc.) and other such modes of
METHODS OF ANALYSIS:
In order to analysis the data obtained from questionnaire
various statistical tools were used like the percentage, charts
On the basis of survey, based on 100 respondents of customer and 25 retailers there are various
findings given below:-
It was found that first 4 analyses show the potential of Sudha product in Gaya market.
It was found that analysis 5 to 7 show the customer preference and 8 to 10 show the popularity
about Sudha milk. It shows the highly preferred brand is Sudha and it is most popular among
It was found that analysis 11 to 12 show the customer awareness level about Sudha Milk and 13 to
15 show the customer satisfaction about Sudha. It shows that mostly customer aware the Sudha
product through retailer.
Retailer: It was found that first 3 and 5 analyses show the market potential of Sudha product through
customer visit on outlet It also show the popularity of Sudha milk.
It was found that analyses 4 to 8 show preference level retailers about Sudha milk.
It was found that analyses 9 &10 show the retailer’s satisfaction level about Sudha milk.
After Completing the Study Related to the project, We Draw Following Conclusion
Customer: Among competitor the sale of Sudha’s is very high and Most of customer prefers
Sudha’s product than other.
Sudha is top in the list among different brand in Gaya.
Retailer: Retailers feel good on the profit margin being provided by the organization.
During our project, we find that the distribution channel of Sudha is not very good
in Gaya region.
It was found that 80% retailers satisfied with the care taken by the organization in
case of increase in demand while 20% are against it.
Retailers sell Sudha brand over other brands due High demand.
by the company to every distributor
A complain Register should be provided
in every route so that, retailers/customers can write their problems. The
complaint register should be checked by consumer executive and depot in
charge at time to time.
Facilities provided by the company should be increased. Facilities
requirements should be fulfilled in all the rural and urban area properly after
deeply study for various aspects or retailers by the help of company
employee and depot in charge.
The company should improve the distribution policy.
Sudha Dairy should be provided it’s the rural area also.
Kotler. Philip,& Armstrong. Gary ,( 2006), Principals of marketing 11thEdition.,publication
Malhotra .Naresh K. ,(2007) , Marketing Research-An Applied Orientation, 5th Edition.
Attractive features of the
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR CONSUMER
(For the GAYA market survey of Sudha Dairy Product)
1. What is the Occupation of consumers?
A. House wives
C. Self employed
2. How many members in your family?
A. 2 to 4
B. 4 to 6
C. 6 to 8
D. Public sector
E. Privet sector
3. Are You regular user of packed milk or not?
4. How much milk you buy normally?
A. 0-2 Ltr
B. 2-3 Ltr
5. Which brand of milk do you prefer?
C. 3-4 Ltr
6. What is the reason of preferring any brand of milk?
D. >=4 Ltr
7. In case of some event or festival or weekend which brand of milk is preferred by you.
8. Do you use sudha’s milk product or something else on special occasions.
9. How often do you purchase Sudha product ?
10. Size of package mostly purchased by you.
B. 500 ml
C. Less than 500 ml
11. Do you aware of the varieties of Sudha milk ?
12. How you, comes to know about newly launched product of Sudha by?
13. Sudha milk/milk product price is reasonable for you or not?
14. Are you satisfied with the quality and services of Sudha Product?
If no, Why……………………………………………………………………
15. Would you expect something more from Sudha(in quality, variety and services)?
16. Any suggestion by you for Sudha products.
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR RETAILERS
(For the market survey of SUDHA Dairy Products in GAYA market)
1. How many customer visits on your outlet for Sudha milk in per day
B.100 – 200
C.200 – 300
D. 300 – 400
2. Which brand kept by retailer to Sell?
C . Amul
3. How much milk sell by Retailer per day?
A. <=100 Ltr
B. (100- 200) Ltr
E. (400- 500) Ltr
F. >=500 Ltr
C. (200- 300) Ltr
D. (300- 400) Ltr
4. In which preference level for selling of Sudha milk brand over other brands by you?
B. Profit margin
5. According to Retailer which brand milk product, has maximum sales?
6. Level of consumption of customers during weekends or festive seasons increases or Not.
7. Demand for milk increase is taken care by the organization or not.
8. How retailers feel about level of existing distribution policy of organization?
A. Very Good
E. Neither good nor bad
9. How retailers feel about profit margin being provided by the organization?
A. Very Good
E. Neither good nor bad
10. Are you satisfied with the current margins and services of Sudha brand?
11. Would you expect something more from Sudha (in quality, variety and services)?
12. Any suggestion or observation to increase the volume of sale of Sudha brand?