Telecommuting and flexible work are taking over the future of work, reveals exciting report by PGi. Take a look at the work shift with this definitive guide to the benefits and pitfalls that come with telecommuting for work.
1) Telework Research Network (2012). Cost and Benefits: Advantages of Telecommuting for
Companies. Retrieved from: www.teleworkresearchnetwork.com/resources/costs-benefits
2) Telework Research Network (2012). Latest Telecommuting Statistics.
Retrieved from: www.teleworkresearchnetwork.com/telecommuting-statistics
Based on the average estimated savings of $9,700 per adult. Visit http://www.globalworkplaceanalytics.com/Calculator
to calculate savings based on specific scenarios.
1) Matrix Resources (1999). Telework America National Telework Survey. Retrieved from:
2) Hudson (2006). Home and Office—Workers Want it All. Retrieved from: www.prnewswire.com/news-
1) GovLoop (2012). Telework Calculator. Retrieved from: www.govloop.com/telework-calculator
2) Cone Communications (2010). Millennials Close at Mons’ Heels: 2010 Cone Cause Evolution Study.
Retrieved from: www.conecomm.com/millennials-close-at-moms-heels
1) Glass, J. and Noonan, M. (2012). The Hard Truth about Telecommuting. Retrieved from:
2) Associated Newspapers (2012). Forget 9-to-5: The Average Office Staff Now Works from 7:17 to 19:02.
Retrieved from: www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2164935/Office-workers-addicted-work-email-
3) Van Grove, J. (2010). The Truth About E-mail: We Check it All the Time.
Retrieved from: www.mashable.com/2010/09/02/email-study/
4) CareerBuilder (2011). Working from Home: Productivity Driver or Drainer? Retrieved from:
5) Gouveia, A. (2012) Wasting Time at Work 2012. Retrieved from: www.salary.com/wasting-time-at-work-2012/
1) Jaleh (2011). Impact of Work Stress on Employee Performance: Interview with Therapist Rachel Green, MA, LMFT.
Retrieved from: http://voices.yahoo.com/impact-work-stress-employee-performance-interview-8386541.html
2) Ipsos (2012). The World of Work: Global Study of Online Employees Shows One in Five Work from Elsewhere.
Retrieved from: www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5486
Ipsos (2012). The World of Work: Global Study of Online Employees Shows One in Five Work from
Elsewhere. Retrieved from: www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5486
PGi makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this eBook. PGi specifically disclaims any and all
express or implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for any particular purpose relating to
the contents of this eBook. PGi shall in no event be liable for any loss of profits or any other commercial damages, including but not limited to special,
indirect, incidental, consequential, or other damages relating to the contents of this eBook or any reliance on the contents of this eBook.
Apple and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.