A four-step program for scaling your business past the solo entrepreneur stage, developed especially for women. Created by Bruce Kasanoff http://www.kasanoff.com and Laura Novak http://www.littlenestphoto.com
5. But some women aim big. How can they
blast past “average” performance while
staying true to themselves?
6. I hate how I acted at
the $1M+ organization
meetings. It was mostly
guys, and I felt like
I had to change myself
to fit in.”
Laura Novak and Her Family
7. INSTEAD OF BEING THE COMPANY
build one around your unique set of values
Images: Noun Project
8. I’ve taken two
during the course
of growing our
retail business, and
those were some of
the best months of
9. Be Confident Be Competent Be Social Be Yourself
Female Entrepreneurs Who Scale Successfully
10. • Take your business seriously
• Trust it as a solid investment
• Never apologize for your
dedication and discipline
11. • Master the numbers
• Learn to hire, nurture and grow talent
• Seek out and delight customers
• Become a lifelong student
12. • Network with other confident and
competent female entrepreneurs
• Look for women determined to
scale their business
• Stay far away from the solo
13. • Don’t “act like a man” to fit in with
• Vest your company with your values:
you CAN grow a kind, collaborative,
and effective organization
• Trust your gut
14. Source: strikingtruths.com
A LOVE NOTE
Do your best work.
Touch one person.
Make a difference to a handful.
Build a legacy, not just an empire.
Keep your value front and centre.
Launch ideas from the heart.
See the world as it isn’t.
Make passion your master.
Allow possibility to feed your soul.
20. Kapor Capital
So Gal Ventures
Female Founders Fund
Women’s Venture Fund
Women’s Venture Capital Fund
Texas Women Venture Fund
Intel Capital: $125M Diversity Fund
Venture Firms Who Target Female Entrepreneurs
Excerpted from Girl Meets Money: 50+ Resources for the Female Entrepreneur