Brought to you by:
Hachami Med Yassine
• General Definition
• Current status
What Is AI ???
• The study of computer systems that attempt tomodel and apply the intelligence
of human mind.
• A branch of computer science dealing with the simulation of intelligent
behaviour in computers.
• The capability of a machine to imitate intelligent human behaviour.
• Borrowing characteristics from human intellligence and applying them as
algorithms in a computer friendly way .
• It works by combining large amonts of data with fast , iterative processing and
intelligent algorithms allowing the software to learn automatically from patterns
or features in the data.
How AI started ?
• In the beginning, English mathematician Alan Turing wrote a landmark
paper titled “Computing Machinery and Intelligence” that asked the
questions: “Can machines think?”
• A workshop at Dartmouth sponsored by John McCarthy. In the proposal
for that workshop, he coined the phase a “Study of Artificial
• John McCarthy, who is the Father of Artificial Intelligence, was a pioneer
in the fields of AI. He not only is credited to be the founder of AI, but
also one who coined the term Artificial Intelligence.
• In 1955, John McCarthy coined the term Artificial Intelligence, which he
proposed in the famous Dartmouth conference in 1956. This conference
attended by 10-computer scientists, saw McCarthy explore ways in
which machines can learn and reason like humans.
Every feature of
intelligence or learning
aspects in principle can
be so precisely
described that a
machine can seamlessly
Current status of AI
• AI have taken many shapes and forms over recent years :
Video Games Characters
GPS / Voice Recognition
• Technologies are more enhanced than previous time. Any technological solution
is available to the industries.
• Voice assistants helps in many work such as in IT, automotive and retail
• Chatbots are part of Current Status of AI. Which have reduced the hassle of
replying huge common messages manually.
• AI technology has made to deploy any mobile devices and apps in one of the
easiest ways across industries.
• Cloud Service has been more easier in the current status of AI.
• Emerging AI technologies include augmented intelligence such as some forms
of face recognition, which seeks to enhance human intelligence and edge AI,
where AI algorithms are processed locally without the need for an internet
Future of AI
• Education: Textbooks are digitized with the help of AI,
early-stage virtual tutors assist human instructors and
facial analysis gauges the emotions of students to help
determine who’s struggling or bored and better tailor
the experience to their individual needs.
• Media: Journalism is harnessing AI, too, and will
continue to benefit from it. Bloomberg uses Cyborg
technology to help make quick sense of complex financial
reports. The Associated Press employs the natural
language abilities of Automated Insights to produce
3,700 earning reports stories per year — nearly four
times more than in the recent past.
• Customer Service: Last but hardly least, Google is
working on an AI assistant that can place human-like
calls to make appointments at, say, your neighborhood
hair salon. In addition to words, the system understands
context and nuance.
Future of AI
• Transportation: Although it could take some
time to perfect them, autonomous cars will
one day ferry us from place to place.
• Manufacturing: AI powered robots work
alongside humans to perform a limited range
of tasks like assembly and stacking, and
predictive analysis sensors keep equipment
• Healthcare: In the comparatively AI-nascent
field of healthcare, diseases are more
quickly and accurately diagnosed, drug
discovery is sped up and streamlined, virtual
nursing assistants monitor patients and big
data analysis helps to create a more
Future of AI
• The Future state of AI is Self Aware AI. Where the machine will be aware
before any incident happens. If any incident is seems to be occur AI will
provide a signal from the previous experience, knowledge and saved data.
• Self Aware AI is not established yet. So, this will be the future status of AI.
• As it is stated, AI use POWER-HUNGRY Algorithms. These
Algorithms require a supercomputer’s computing system. IT IS NOT
• The companies now face the problemof using local data for
developing applications for the world, and that would result in
bias. With biased information, the entire system could become
• Most AI applications make use of a significant amount of data
for learning and making intelligent decisions. The drawback of
utilizing large volumes of data is that it may create a storage
issue for businesses.
Programming languages Used for AI
• Precision and Accuracy.
• Can do laborious tasks.
• Function without stopping, Risk Reducing.
• Fraud detection, managerecords.
• There will be less injuries and stress to
• It can help improve our way of life.
• Cost incurred in the maintenance and repair.
• Lack of a creative mind
• Robots superseding humans (replacing)
• Wrong hands causes destruction
• Lack of common sense
AI in daily life
• FACIAL RECOGNITION
• 3D PHOTOGRAPHY
• SMART ASSISTANCE
• NAVIGATION APPS
• SPAM FILTERS
• MEDIA RECOMMENDATIONS
• Finally, AI is at the centre of a new enterprise to build
computational modelsbof intelligence. The main
assumption is that intelligence (human orbotherwise) can
be represented in terms of symbol structures and symbolic
operations which can be programmed in a digital computer.