Staff development Lunch time session
28th November 2017
Marieke Guy, learning technologist
“Learning technologists are people who are
actively involved in managing, researching,
supporting or enabling learning with the use of
The Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
What is a learning technologist?
Two thing I need to do:
• Understand what currently happens at RAU
• Work out if technology has a role to play in
improving the situation
In the pipeline
• Digital strategy
• Talis Aspire
• Jisc digital student tracker survey
• Digital capability discovery tool
• Better projectors and equipment
Ideas for the future
• Digital classroom investigations & equipment pool
• L&T lesson observations leading to L&T lesson bank
• Better use of learning/attendance data
• Student as producer
• Mahara and digital CVs
• Online modules
• Panopto rethink
• Assessment rethink
• Moodle rethink
Questions for you
• What is working well?
• What is not working well?
• Where could my effort be most effective?