PUBLIC RELATIONS TEAM
• What is Public Relations?
• Why do we need a brand ?
• Visual Guidelines
• Where to find?
• What are Brand violations?
• TMI Brand Usage Summary
• Knowledge Test
• Connect with District 82
What is Public Relations?
• Public Relations is a
process that builds
organizations and their
Why do we need a brand ?
The brand will:
• Communicate a consistent look and message, in
turn increasing understanding and global awareness
of Toastmasters International .
• Motivate prospective members to join, making
district and club objectives easier to achieve.
• Increase pride in being a member of Toastmasters.
All what you need to do – please read and
What are Brand Violations?
• Am I using it right?
• All Don’ts in visual guidelines
• What are “Not Allowed “?
* Can be downloaded from TMI website.
** Has to be bought from TMI. Cannot be custom made.
TMI Brand Usage Summary
Allowed* Not Allowed**
Newsletters Trophies (with TMI Logo)
Visiting Cards Stationary Items
TMI Certificates Custom designed
certificates with TMI logo
1 . Can we create a club logo ?
Ans : NO
2. If the corporate has provided a logo for our TM club, can we
use it ?
Ans : Yes. But don’t use TI logo together with a corporate logo.
Use only one of them.
3. Can we create a tagline for the club?
4. Can Clubs print their own ribbons?
Ans : Recommended that the club purchase ribbons from TI.
Making replicas of TI ribbons is a serious Brand Violation
5. Can we print badges, create Pins or T shirts for the club
without TI logo and other brand violations?
Ans : NO. District 82 strongly recommends the clubs to
purchase it from the TI shop.
6. Can I design & print Winner & participation certificates for
Ans : D82 recommends the use of winner & participation
certificates downloaded from TI website . Role player certificates
can be designed and printed without TI Logo & brand violations .
7. Can we make our own trophies for contests and other
Ans : Yes . But do not use TI logo or any copyrighted material
on the trophy
8. I am doing an Advanced Manual and my fellow TM has a hard
copy. Since only 2 advanced manuals are free, can I do a
photocopy his manual and use it ?
Ans : NO . Using Photocopy materials of TI is a serious
violation. Same applies for Speech craft and YLP manuals . It has
to be purchased from TI shop