• INTERSPORT is the world’s biggest sports equipment retail sales
group, owning over 5400 stores in 40 countries, whose profts
exceed 10 billion euro.
• In Poland, INTERSPORT is the leader among sports equipment chain
stores, with 32 salons in 21 of the biggest Polish cities.
• The company gets awarded every year for dynamic development,
increasing its market value and as a reliable business partner.
The starting point
• An active e-store based on a dedicated
• Usability problems
• Low speed problems
• Advanced integrations
• Marketing optimization
• Conversion increase
• Optimization of technological
The project covered a number of e-commerce areas. Our major goal
was to increase sales by means of the online sales channel.
Our plan included:
1. Conversion optimization in the e-store – divided into
recommendation concerning the current store design and a total redisigning of the store’s mask.
2. Increasign e-commerce’s reach via SEM, e-PR, social media
preparing grounds for future sales marketing.
What is importnant for the customer?
1. Brand reliability
2. A wide array of branded products
– including the store’s own brands
3. Product presentation
4. Easy purchase process
Apart from the wide offer, a quniqe added value is the possibility of personal pickup
in stores or express delivery.
• Re-designed information architecutre
• Re-designed menu
• Horizontal two-level bookmark menu
Two product page layouts – horizontal and standard
ROPO support – availability in stores
Free personal pickup in stores
• Less steps to make when placing an order
• Easy payment and delivery choice options
• No-registration shopping
• Beneﬁts from registration
• Registration made part of placing an order
Access to brands
• Highlighting the brands
• Brand-based search engine
• Members of the loyalty program are given discount coupons which
later can be used by simply picking them from the list.
• Information about free delivery appears together with the delivery
options – at the right place and time.
• Because of the type of business and the way the products are
searched, we introduced product rcommendations.
• The boxes recommend alternative products based on the historical
• We used Quartic recommendations system.
have we achieved?
• Conversion rate increased by 46,21%
• Pages per visit increased by 21,24%
• Server use decreased by 70%
– with the same trafﬁc rate
• Loading speed increased by 40%
– for the end user
– according to Google Analytics
– For some pages, the loading speed increased even by 90%
Google AdWords campaign lasted
from mid-December 2011 to the end
of April 2012. The revenue was 11
time bigger than the spending costs.
Search engine campaign reached
The average click cost was between
The campaign has become the
second biggest sales proﬁt source in
After the campaign Intersport
decided to continue working with us.
The company proposed a payment model
based on the netto proﬁt margin, which
satisﬁed both parties
Marek Bugajski, Stores Management
Director INTERSPORT Polska S.A.
ROI according to GA
(Income / Cost)
500% - 2000%
Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
Conversion Rate (CR)
+ Lifetime value (LTV)
Range of works
Analysis and design
SEO and SEM
11 x bigger
revenue than cost
+ 46% increase
More effects in less time!
What you pay = sales provision
• Realization of
• Risk-free increase
• Focus on the offer
• Scalable business
• Long-term learning
• No need to
between our clients
firstname.lastname@example.org, 500 079 624
Divante Sp. z o.o.,
ul. Kościuszki 14, 50-038 Wrocław, tel. +48 71 342 24 06, e-mail: email@example.com