1. METTU UNIVERSITY
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
INTERNSHIP REPORT AND PROJECT
DESIGN OF HAND WINCH LIFTING TRUCK
2. ZAHIR MOHAMMED………………………………….0701
3. TAMESGEN TEKA……………………………………2214
4. ABDUREZAK DEWANO…………………………….2297
5. TAMIRU ZAWUDE……………………………………3938
2. Chapter one
1.Background of AAMI
• Adama agricultural machinery industry (AAMI) is one of a huge company organized
under government organization in 1984 and named as NTAP( Natheret tractor assembly
plant) initially and renamed in 1992 to METEC and for last time to AAMI in 2010. and
added to Ethio-engineering group.
• It is one of 9 Ethio-Engineering group that organized under F.D.R.E government with the
1.1 Main products of the company
Tractor with spare parts
Implement and trailers for tractor
Loaders and excavator/sometimes
1.2 Objective of the company
The objective of AAMI is to produce and supply technological agricultural equipment for
their end users.
3. 1.3 Overall organization work flow in the company
• The have two major categories in general and that two have individual
subdivision. They are internal and external management body.
• Internal affairs management contain five major department;
1. Marketing department
2. Finance department
3. Technical department
4. Quality assurance department
5. Human resource department
• From this above Technical department are responsible for company
product produced and contain this below subdivision and also overall
4. Work flow of technical department
overall workflow of organization
• C:UsershpDesktopInternshipIntern. MaterialPicture3.png
5. 1.4 over all internship experience
• The objective of internship course is to facilitate reflection on
experiences obtained in the internship and to enhance
understanding of academic materials by application in the internship
setting related with what we learn theoretical in college.
• During this we have done in tractor assembly, manufacturing section
and maintenance section.
• In tractor assembly only tractor are assembled, in manufacturing
trailer, seeder, planter, and implement are produced while in
maintenance overall tractor and pump service & Painting of new
products are carried out.
Classification of production section in AAMI.
• C:UsershpDesktopInternshipIntern. MaterialPicture4.png
Tractor assembly process
• C:UsershpDesktopInternshipIntern. MaterialPicture5.png
Painting process in maintenance section
• C:UsershpDesktopInternshipIntern. MaterialPicture6.png
• During this we learn more practically and we face many challenges during
this time and we overcome as much as possible by taking some
measurement such as;
Reading manual and instruction & asking operator.
Referring different course related to that operation and so on.
• Generally we improve our self and benefited from this such as; team
working skill, leadership skill and etc.
8. Chapter two
2.hand winch lifting project
2.1 Summary of the project
During our internship we have been executed we have seen lack of lifting
device used for medium weight equipment.
Due to this we have decided to design hand winch lifting truck that uses
manual operation with maximum lifting 1500mm and lowering height of
120mm and 200kg maximum lifting capacity.
2.2 Scope of the project
• Scope of the project is to design hand winch lifting truck and anlysing its
overall cost with the aim minimizing it
• Project is limited to only design and cost analysis.
2.4 Main Components of Hand winch lifting truck
I. Design of Spur Gear
II. Design of Shaft
III. Design of bearing
IV. Design of wire rope
V. Design of drum
VI. Design of pulley
VII. Design of handle
10. 2.5 Working principle of hand winch lifting truck
• This devices have only manual operation and operated as this below;
• Firstly, handle and plate form are unlocked until we put equipment on
• Then after we put equipment and adjusted on required position by
rotating hand winch it is lifted to required distance.
• Then wheel brake is braked, and rotating handle and lifted to required
• After we put equipment both handle and winch are locked to prevent
and sudden movement.
• Generally this device are worked only on handling, pulley, wire rope and
11. 2.6 Methodology
• 1 Recognition of need.
• 2. Synthesis (Mechanisms
• 3. Material selection.
• 4. Design of elements (Size and Stresses
• 5. Modification
• 6. Detailed drawing.
• 7. Production.
13. 2.9 Design and analysis
1.Design of gear and pinion
Material selected for gear is bronze and cast iron for
Dimension of gear and pinion
2. Design of shaft
Material for gear shaft and pinion shaft is cast iron
• 3 Design of bearing
• Material selected for bearing is also cast iron because of to increase life expectancy
• Outside diameter=47mm
• Bore diameter=17mm
• 4 Design of drum
• Material selected is low alloy steel
• Pitch diameter=8.625mm
• Groove depth=1.875mm
• Groove radius=3.975mm
• 5 design of plate form
• Material selected for this also cast iron
• Thickness of bar=12mm
• Thickness of sheet metal=3mm
22. Chapter three
3.conclusion and recommendation
• 3.1 recommendation
• It is recommended that the screw and thread should be lubricated
frequently so as to reduce difficulty in rotating handle since it is manually
operating lifting device. This also reduces the amount of wear between the
screw and the thread of the connected member.
• 3.2 Concussion
• In the course of moving an object that needs to be moved by a
hand truck there are limited Options for lifting that object to a
height in which a normal hand truck cannot reach. Therefore this
design project complete a hand winch lifting truck of lifting
capacity of 200kg, maximum lifting height of 1500mm and
lowered height of 120mm.