Chain of Distribution
• Availability: year-round
• Color: pink, white, yellow, purple, and orange
• Flower stem is geotropic in that stems bend
away from gravity. Store in vertical position to
• Individual florets “snap” when gently squeezed.
Most varieties have sweet fragrance.
• Medium line flower: Serves as an excellent
choice for any style of design.
• Longevity: days 10-14
• Sold by Bunch 10, $10 - $12
• Growing flowers – especially for
Growing cut flowers
• Cut flowers are grown and shipped around the
• 40 billion dollar per year industry
• 78% of the flowers sold in the US are imported
• Most bulb flowers come from The Netherlands
• Most Roses come from Ecuador & Columbia
• California, Florida, Colorado, & Hawaii are the
US largest growers.
• Local growers: Wollum Gardens.
• Flowers cut on Monday Morning
• Within 1 hour they are in a cold processing
• Trimmed of leaves
• Graded by length