2. What is the Pepsi Refresh Project?<br /><ul><li>Change the community through a donations program.
4. January 13, 2010 - Present
5. Demonstrate Social Responsibility</li></ul>“The Pepsi Refresh Project has demonstrated that bringing simple ideas to life can create a powerful impact in local communities. Over the past year, we’ve been inspired by the quality and impact of the ideas put into action by Pepsi fans across the U.S. And we’re excited to extend the impact of the program next year in the U.S. and around the world,” said Lauren Hobart, CMO sparkling beverages, PepsiCo Beverages America.<br />
6. How Pepsi Refresh works: <br /><ul><li>Facebook
8. Mobile App
11. Power Voting</li></li></ul><li>Tactics: <br /><ul><li>PepsiCo teamed with Edelman (largest private PR firm) and Weber Shandwick (largest global PR firm) to drive social conversation and voting around the 2010 launch.
12. Celebrities: Kevin Bacon and Demi Moore participated in a live “Great ideas Brainstorm” session on Facebook. They hosted chats and provided regular updates on the program’s milestones.
13. Used Twitter with the hash tag of #PepsiRefresh to have everyone talk about and promote their idea to everyone
14. They did not advertise during the Super bowl but prior to they had on the NFL website, a contest for ideas by NFL players.
15. Drew Brees was the winner of the "Super Bowl Refresh Project" with more than half a million votes. A $100,000 grant was given to the Hope Lodge in New Orleans for no-cost housing of cancer patients and families.</li></li></ul><li>Facebook<br />In a matter of weeks: they had over a half million likes.<br />
16. Facebook (Cont.)<br />
17. Twitter:<br />In a matter of weeks had 21,000 followers to now 75,590 followers.<br />
18. S.W.O.T<br />Strength: <br /><ul><li>They had resources to be able to do all this through their marketing team
19. Able to reach their customers easily
20. Able to put in new areas of donations</li></ul>Weakness:<br /><ul><li> They only did it in the U.S. and Canada last year.
21. This year they are extending the ideas world wide.
22. Not all of their products have the Pepsi logo on it.
23. Not currently in the global market.</li></ul>Opportunities:<br /><ul><li> Their new Power Vote is being advertised on their products to gain more public interest.
24. Focusing on people’s ideas and get involved with who gets the money.</li></ul>Threats:<br /><ul><li> Pepsi is going up against Coke’s Live Positively. </li></li></ul><li>Evaluation: <br /><ul><li>120,000+ ideas
25. 24,000 volunteers
26. 78 refreshed parks and playgrounds
27. 200 refreshed communities
28. 123 schools improved
29. 21 foster homes and housing facilities built
30. 163,000 lives directly improved
31. Over 20 million dollars in grants to make it happen
32. Youtube was main source of discussion for the project.
33. Rose Awareness of the community
34. Gained the interest of their audience</li></li></ul><li>Videos<br />2010: http://youtu.be/srY7Wkl2IbI<br />2011: http://youtu.be/82mOYDHQLIU<br />