This slide talks about the current statistics of Women in the Open Source Community, about Mozilla, about WoMoz and how WoMoz can be used as a platform to encourage women to join the so called male
This slide talks about the current statistics of Women in the Open Source Community, about Mozilla, about WoMoz and how WoMoz can be used as a platform to encourage women to join the so called male dominated techy community.
• For freedom of speech• Encouragement• Awareness• Motivation
• It’s a misbelief that women don’t have much knowledge on technology and programming.• They don’t show interest in technical aspects.
• Women are playing key roles in corporate sectors• Indian women have come across a long way• They are very good at coding and programming and show much interest in technical aspects when compared to few men.
• Present your ideas• Share them• Increase contribution % of women in FLOSS
• Your not alone• WoMoz is here for you• Guides you, develops you
• Blog posts, interviews, video, Bonjour WoMoz...• University students• Womens groups• Role models
Mitchell Baker – Head & Chairpersonof Mozilla Foundation, ChairpersonMozilla Corporation Satoko Takita – Chairman Mozilla Japan
-WoMoz!www.womoz.org● What is WoMoz for?Meeting point open to all, where women can meet other FLOSScontributors (ML, IRC, wiki, blog)● GOAL?Help contribute to FLOSS & Mozilla:localization, events, QA, evangelism, community marketing,development...