This slide talks about the current statistics of Women in the Open Source Community, about Mozilla, about WoMoz and how WoMoz can be used as a platform to encourage women to join the so called male dominated techy community.
• For freedom of speech• Encouragement• Awareness• Motivation
• It’s a misbelief that women don’t have much knowledge on technology and programming.• They don’t show interest in technical aspects.
• Women are playing key roles in corporate sectors• Indian women have come across a long way• They are very good at coding and programming and show much interest in technical aspects when compared to few men.
• Present your ideas• Share them• Increase contribution % of women in FLOSS
• Your not alone• WoMoz is here for you• Guides you, develops you
• Blog posts, interviews, video, Bonjour WoMoz...• University students• Womens groups• Role models
Mitchell Baker – Head & Chairpersonof Mozilla Foundation, ChairpersonMozilla Corporation Satoko Takita – Chairman Mozilla Japan
-WoMoz!www.womoz.org● What is WoMoz for?Meeting point open to all, where women can meet other FLOSScontributors (ML, IRC, wiki, blog)● GOAL?Help contribute to FLOSS & Mozilla:localization, events, QA, evangelism, community marketing,development...