1. Resting membrane potential of cardiac muscle is ?
- 90 mV
2. Deficiency of which transporter is associated with low CSF glucose, neonatal seizures and MR ?
GLUT - 1
3. Climbing fibers carry impulses to the cerebellum from ?
Inferior olivary nucleus.
4. Desoxiben mechanism of action ?
Selective Tx A 2 synthetase inhibitor.
5. Name a p-FOX inhibitor.
Ranolazine and Trimetazidine.
6. Which beta lactam antibiotic can be safely used in patient allergic to penicillin?
Monobactam – Aztreonam.
7. Three amino acids used for the synthesis of glutathione are ?
Glutamate, glycine and cysteine.
8. Organelle involved in ubiquitin tagged protein degradation is ?
9. Skin lesion shows coral red fluorescence under Wood’s lamp. What is the organism causing the lesion ?
10. Pigment responsible for pseudohemoptysis ?
11. Only gram positive bacteria causing interstitial pneumonia ?
12. Priapism is associated with which poisoning ?
13. Spider cells are classical of which tumor ?
14. Which growth factor is also called scatter factor ?
Hepatocyte growth factor.
15. Fractured tubular casts are seen in ?
16. Components of Guy ropes.
Sartorius, gracilis and semitendinosus.
17. Maxillary artery is divided into three parts by what structure ?
Deep head of Lateral pterygoid.
18. Which is the most common site for ectopic pancreatic tissue?
1. A 42 year old man with CRF has the following chest CT picture. Diagnosis ?
2. 18 yr old male presents with fever, sore throat, loss of appetite, lymphadenopathy, maculopapular rash and hepatosplenomagaly. Blood smear revealed atypical T cells. Patient suddenly develops abdominal pain, tachycardia and BP 70/20. Patient collapses and dies. What is the cause of death ?
3. A 52 yr old male comes to casualty with fever, malaise and chest pain. He was diagnosed to have a viral syndrome and sent home. Next day he is brought in comatose state with septic shock.CXR shows mediastinal widening with B/L pleural effusions. 5 days ago he had attended a national conference. 20 people of the same conference developed similar illness and 12 died. What is the likely cause?
4. A 10 months infant presents with failure to thrive, seizures and is not alert. ABG shows low pH. Ammonia level in blood is increased. Hair is tufted, coarse and brittle. What is the enzyme deficiency that has caused this condition ?
5. A 6 month old female baby presents with severe intractable multiple episodes of seizures with EEG showing independent activity in both hemispheres. CT and fundoscopy showed these features. Diagnosis ?
6. 70 year old chronic smoker with history of lung mass treated with radiation presents with seizures. His former and present lab results show Na-110, K-3.5,Ca-10.5 and glucose-96. He was treated with 3% saline. Next day morning, the patient became disoriented and quadriplegic. What is the diagnosis ? What is the IOC to confirm the disease ?
Central pontine myelinolyis.
7. A 19 yr old girl who is suffering from bulimia nervosa develops sudden severe chest pain after a binge of vomiting. X ray shows the following. Diagnosis ?
Pneumomediastinum following esophageal rupture.
8. A patient with history of CVA presents to the casualty with complete unresponsiveness to any modality of stimulus. There is no visible motor activity. The only movements that are possible are vertical eye movements and winking. Diagnosis ?
9. A 4 yr old boy presents with abdominal pain. He was toxic and tachypneic to look at, there were no palpable organs, no rigidity or abdominal tenderness. The intern ordered for an abdominal series and he set them aside as being normal, although it depicted a subtle sign of a very common disorder.
Pneumonia. Left side central consolidation.
10. A 40 year old man who was on hip spica for 3 months developed vomiting and abdominal distension. On examination, VGPs were seen. Barium swallow showed -
CT showed -
Cast syndrome or Wilkie syndrome.
1.Drug of choice for medical adrenalectomy ? 2. Stored blood is deficient in which clotting factors ? 3. Fruit juice preventing UTI ? 4. 2 nd MC organism in cystic fibrosis ? 5. IOC to screen IVH in newborn ? 6. MC site for ischemic colitis ? 7. MC organ involved in penetrating injury abdomen ? 8. MCC of death in Ca penis ? 9. Most pronounced symptom in small bowel obstruction ? 10. MC cardiac lesion in child born to PKU mother ?
1.Drug of choice for medical adrenalectomy ?
2. Stored blood is deficient in which clotting factors ?
Factors v and vii
3. Fruit juice preventing UTI ?
4. 2 nd MC organism in cystic fibrosis ?
5. IOC to screen IVH in newborn ?
6. MC site for ischemic colitis ?
7. MC organ involved in penetrating injury abdomen ?
8. MCC of death in Ca penis ?
Femoral artery erosion and bleed.
9. Most pronounced symptom in small bowel obstruction ?
10. MC cardiac lesion in child born to PKU mother ?
1. MCC of death in Menke’s kinky hair disease ? 2. Disease with 100% HLA association ? 3. % of HbS in sickle cell trait ? 4. MCC of death in cong diaphragmatic hernia? 5. Blue diaper disease ? 6. Cetrimide test used in diagnosis of ? 7. TOC for anal Ca ? 8. MC hernia in females ? 9. MC site for metastasis for lung Ca ? 10. Tylosis is association with which Ca ?
1. MCC of death in Menke’s kinky hair disease ?
2. Disease with 100% HLA association ?
3. % of HbS in sickle cell trait ?
4. MCC of death in cong diaphragmatic hernia?
5. Blue diaper disease ?
6. Cetrimide test used in diagnosis of ?
7. TOC for anal Ca ?
Chemoradiation by Nigro’s protocol.
8. MC hernia in females ?
9. MC site for metastasis for lung Ca ?
10. Tylosis is association with which Ca ?
1. MC congenital immunodeficiency? 2. Most specific anomaly in IDM ? 3. Expand NESTROF. 4. Treatment for multiple carboxylase deficiency ? 5. MC muscle biopsied in neuromuscular disorders ? 6. Vit C is seen in highest concentrations in which organ ? 7. MC complication in ERCP? 8. Only indication for operation in acute pancreatitis ? 9. MC site for subphrenic abscess ? 10. Antibacterial present in prostatic secretion ?
1. MC congenital immunodeficiency?
Ig A deficiency.
2. Most specific anomaly in IDM ?
Caudal regression or sacral agenesis.
3. Expand NESTROF.
Naked Eye Single Tube Red cell Osmotic Fragility test.
4. Treatment for multiple carboxylase deficiency ?
5. MC muscle biopsied in neuromuscular disorders ?
6. Vit C is seen in highest concentrations in which organ ?
7. MC complication in ERCP?
8. Only indication for operation in acute pancreatitis ?
9. MC site for subphrenic abscess ?
Morrison’s pouch: right posterior space.
10. Antibacterial present in prostatic secretion ?
1. Complication that does not revert after treatment in hemochromatosis. 2. MC complication of H influenza meningitis. 3. Element regulates Na-K channel. 4. MC cause of CCF in first week? 5. Most potent vasodilating substance in body? 6. MC presentation in Wiskott Aldrich syndrome? 7. Hunterian ligature is used in? 8. Abbey Eslander flap is used in reconstruction of? 9. Components of Saints triad? 10. MC variety of mesenteric cyst?
1. Complication that does not revert after treatment in hemochromatosis.
Arthropathy and gonadal atrophy.
2. MC complication of H influenza meningitis.
3. Element regulates Na-K channel.
4. MC cause of CCF in first week?
Transposition of great vessels.
5. Most potent vasodilating substance in body?
Calcitonin gene related peptide.
6. MC presentation in Wiskott Aldrich syndrome?
7. Hunterian ligature is used in?
8. Abbey Eslander flap is used in reconstruction of?
9. Components of Saints triad?
Gall stones, colonic diverticulosis and hiatus hernia.
10. MC variety of mesenteric cyst?
1. Stem cell therapy was first employed in which disease ? 2. Only amino aciduria which does not cause mental retardation. 3. Shrinking lung syndrome is seen in which disease? 4. Supermammary nipples is the teratogenic effect of which drug? 5. Defect most common in congenital rubella syndrome? 6. MC organism responsible for floppy infant syndrome ? 7. Stafne bone cyst ? 8. TOC for annular pancreas ? 9. Salmonella species that affects the colon ? 10. Renal cystic disease where kidney is shrunken?
1. Stem cell therapy was first employed in which disease ?
Severe combined immuno deficiency.
2. Only amino aciduria which does not cause mental retardation.
3. Shrinking lung syndrome is seen in which disease?
4. Supermammary nipples is the teratogenic effect of which drug?
5. Defect most common in congenital rubella syndrome?
6. MC organism responsible for floppy infant syndrome ?
7. Stafne bone cyst ?
Ectopic salivary gland tissue in mandible.
8. TOC for annular pancreas ?
Duodeno-duodenostomy or duodeno-jejunostomy.
9. Salmonella species that affects the colon ?
10. Renal cystic disease where kidney is shrunken?
Medullary Cystic Kidney disease.
1. MC cause of acute pancreatitis in children? 2. Neonatal seizure with best prognosis ? 3. Mineral used in treatment of persistent diarrhoea. 4. MC cause of daytime somnolence? 5. Treatment for breath holding spells. 6. Non metastatic liver enzyme elevation in RCC – Syndrome? 7. Staghorn calculi is seen in which infection? 8. Rovsing’s operation is done in ? 9. MC site of SRUS ? 10. MC intrauterine infection ?
1. MC cause of acute pancreatitis in children?
2. Neonatal seizure with best prognosis ?
3. Mineral used in treatment of persistent diarrhoea.
4. MC cause of daytime somnolence?
5. Treatment for breath holding spells.
6. Non metastatic liver enzyme elevation in RCC – Syndrome?
7. Staghorn calculi is seen in which infection?
8. Rovsing’s operation is done in ?
9. MC site of SRUS ?
Anterior rectal wall.
10. MC intrauterine infection ?
1. What sign is this and in which disease is this seen ?
Panda sign in sarcoidosis.
2. What do you see here ?
Absent patella: Nail Patella syndrome.
3. This is a post contrast film. Diagnosis ?
4. What is this skin manifestation of a zoonosis ?
Erythema chronicum migrans in lyme’s disease.
5. Diagnosis ?
Kippel – Feil syndrome.
6. What is the finding in the iris ?
7. Parietal swellings with pain. Diagnosis ?
8. What heavy metal poisoning is this a feature of ?
9. Histology of cardiac muscle. What is the infection ?
T cruzi: Chagas disease.
10. What is this skin lesion ?
11. Highest esophageal pressure is seen in this spastic condition. Diagnosis ?
12. Diagnosis ?
Aspergilloma – Meniscus sign.
13. Diagnosis ?
14. This endocarditis commonly leads to what functional valvular abnormality ?
15. What is this appearance called ?
Chain of lakes appearance.
16. Diagnosis ?
17. Diagnosis ?
18. Organism causing this grave disease ?
19. Diagnosis ?
20. What is this finding ?
21. Diagnosis ?
22. Diagnosis ?
23. Organism causing this disease ?
24. This deformity was mechanically correctable. It resolved without any sequelae. What is this called ?
25. What is this skin lesion ?
26. What is the DOC for arthropathy in this condition ?
1a. What is this ?
b. Which uterine infection is an early complication of Cu T insertion?
c. A 28 yr old lady on OCPs for 5 yrs comes with DVT. What is the genetic defect in coagulation you suspect in this pt. ?
Factor v leiden mutation
2a. Identify this instrument.
Pediatric laryngoscope – magill / miller blade.
b. Best anesthetic circuit for spontaneously breathing adults is ?
Mapleson type A.
c. Drug of choice for total intravenous anesthesia ?
Propofol + remifentanyl.
3a. Identify this instrument.
b. Penis at 12 syndrome is due to congenital deficiency of which enzyme ?
5 alpha reductase.
c. A newborn had hypoglycemic seizures and microphallus with normal testis and scrotum. What do you suspect?
4a. Identify this picture.
Haversian system in bone.
b. Ivory vertebra is seen in ?
c. Retrolisthesis is most common between which two vertebra ?
Between L4 and L5.
5a. This histological picture is diagnostic of ?
b. Mc Callum plaques are most common in which chamber ?
c. Cross reaction of antibody against which bacterial antigen with the heart causes rheumatic valvulitis ?
Group specific carbohydrate.
Surrogate marker for pancreatic rejection in SPKT is ?
Mycophenolate mofetil – mechanism of action ?
IMP dehydrogenase inhibition.
Optimum storage time for kidney after procurement is ?
Commonly used storage medium for corneal transplantation is ?
Infection causing hematopoietic stem cell transplant failure is ?
Simultaneous liver and kidney transplantation is required in which disorder ?
Which MAB produces PML as side effect ?
MAB against RANK ligand used in osteporosis
MAB against CD 33 used in AML is ?
Tositumomab is directed against ?
CD - 20
Pavalizumab is directed against which virus ?
MAB used in psoriasis is directed against ?
Cardiovascular complication of facio-scapular humeral dystrophy.
Sarcoglycan abnormalities are seen in which myopathy ?
Limb girdle muscular dystrophy.
Myopathy associated with malignant hyperthermia ?
Central core disease.
First muscle to undergo contracture in Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy ?
Toxicity of which drug causes red ragged fibres in skeletal muscles ?
Triad of progressive external ophthalmoplegia, retinitis pigmentosa and cerebellar ataxia is called ?
Kearns sayre syndrome
GBS is the PNS of which disease ?
Secretion of which product most commonly causes hyper calcemia ?
Antibodies against glutamic acid decarboxylase is seen in which paraneoplastic disorder ?
Stiff person syndrome.
Increased secretion of what substance causes thrombocytosis ?
IL - 6
Oncogenic osteomalacia is due to secretion of ?
FGF - 23
Skin lesion seen in glucagonoma ?
Migratory necrolytic erythema.
Most common lymphoma asociated with RA ?
Characteristic echo feature of amyloidosis is ?
Granular sparkling sign.
Antibody associated with neuropsychiatric manifestations in SLE is ?
Anti ribosomal P antibody.
A patient on chronic dialysis develops carpal tunnel syndrome. Which protein, forming amyloid, is responsible ?
A beta 2 microglobulin.
Polymyalgia rheumatica is associated with which vasculitis ?
Giant cell temporal arteritis.
Antibody specific for Mixed connective tissue disorder is ?
Anti U1 RNP.
Ostmann pad of fat is present in
Purtscher’s retinopathy is an acute complication of
Surgical approach used for cochlear implantation is ?
Facial recess approach.
Posterior embryotoxon ?
Prominent Scwalbe’s line
What immunological abnormality will you expect in the 15 day old baby shown in the picture below.
Leucocyte Adhesion Deficiency Type 1
A malnourished child presents with lethargy malaise & failure to thrive.lab results:Hb markedly decreased,thrombocyte & lymphocyte levels normal,iron B12 folate normal,bone marrow biopsy revealed the most appropriate treatment for this child is
I. V. Immunoglobulins
60 yr old man presents with hepato splenomegaly, palatal edema & lymphadenopathy. Diagnosis ?
20 yr old man presents with symptom suggestive of bone marrow failure. hematological picture was He was treated. 20 days later, he developed dyspnoea chest pain. X-ray revealed cardiac & pulmonary effusion. Give the diagnosis, most probable treatment given & explanation for the current symptoms.
Diagnosis AML M3.
Treatment is retinoic acid.
The current scenario is retinoic acid syndrome devoloping due to sequestration of leukemic cells in pulmonary vasculature.
23 yr old primi with 6 weeks amennorhoea diagnosed to have ovarian cyst. Best time to operate in pregnancy is ?
Ovarian tumour which is 100% unilateral
Yolk sac tumour.
24 yr old women with 28 weeks of amennorhoea diagnosed to have ca cervix of stage IA-1.Treatment of choice is ?
Gastric carcinoma in pernicious anemia involves which part of the stomach?
This childhood tumour has a great tendency to regress spontaneously
25 yr woman presents with vague headache especially in early morning with vomiting and blurring of vision. Diagnosis ?
Meningioma of the tentorium, with dural tail sign.
Biopsy of a malignant liver tumor in a 35 yr old woman showed – Name a tumor marker specific for this case?
The angle at which the elbow has to be immobilized in treating this condition is
Name the crystal arthropathy in which crystals cannot be visualized by polarized light microscopy ?
Apparatus designed to find out the dose of bleaching powder required for the disinfection of water.
In typhoid, carriers who are most dangerous (by means of portal of exit of infection) are ?
3 yr old boy had high grade fever with mild pharyngitis for 4 days. Then temperature dropped down rapidly and then he developed maculopapular rash in trunk extending to face and extremities. Post auricular lymph nodes were enlarged on examination. Diagnosis ?