2. 18 yr old male presents with fever, sore throat, loss of appetite, lymphadenopathy, maculopapular rash and hepatosplenomagaly. Blood smear revealed atypical T cells. Patient suddenly develops abdominal pain, tachycardia and BP 70/20. Patient collapses and dies. What is the cause of death ?
<ul><li>3. A 52 yr old male comes to casualty with fever, malaise and chest pain. He was diagnosed to have a viral syndrome and sent home. Next day he is brought in comatose state with septic shock.CXR shows mediastinal widening with B/L pleural effusions. 5 days ago he had attended a national conference. 20 people of the same conference developed similar illness and 12 died. What is the likely cause? </li></ul>
4. A 10 months infant presents with failure to thrive, seizures and is not alert. ABG shows low pH. Ammonia level in blood is increased. Hair is tufted, coarse and brittle. What is the enzyme deficiency that has caused this condition ?
5. A 6 month old female baby presents with severe intractable multiple episodes of seizures with EEG showing independent activity in both hemispheres. CT and fundoscopy showed these features. Diagnosis ?
6. 70 year old chronic smoker with history of lung mass treated with radiation presents with seizures. His former and present lab results show Na-110, K-3.5,Ca-10.5 and glucose-96. He was treated with 3% saline. Next day morning, the patient became disoriented and quadriplegic. What is the diagnosis ? What is the IOC to confirm the disease ?
7. A 19 yr old girl who is suffering from bulimia nervosa develops sudden severe chest pain after a binge of vomiting. X ray shows the following. Diagnosis ?
Pneumomediastinum following esophageal rupture.
8. A patient with history of CVA presents to the casualty with complete unresponsiveness to any modality of stimulus. There is no visible motor activity. The only movements that are possible are vertical eye movements and winking. Diagnosis ?
9. A 4 yr old boy presents with abdominal pain. He was toxic and tachypneic to look at, there were no palpable organs, no rigidity or abdominal tenderness. The intern ordered for an abdominal series and he set them aside as being normal, although it depicted a subtle sign of a very common disorder.
1.Drug of choice for medical adrenalectomy ? 2. Stored blood is deficient in which clotting factors ? 3. Fruit juice preventing UTI ? 4. 2 nd MC organism in cystic fibrosis ? 5. IOC to screen IVH in newborn ? 6. MC site for ischemic colitis ? 7. MC organ involved in penetrating injury abdomen ? 8. MCC of death in Ca penis ? 9. Most pronounced symptom in small bowel obstruction ? 10. MC cardiac lesion in child born to PKU mother ?
1. MCC of death in Menke’s kinky hair disease ? 2. Disease with 100% HLA association ? 3. % of HbS in sickle cell trait ? 4. MCC of death in cong diaphragmatic hernia? 5. Blue diaper disease ? 6. Cetrimide test used in diagnosis of ? 7. TOC for anal Ca ? 8. MC hernia in females ? 9. MC site for metastasis for lung Ca ? 10. Tylosis is association with which Ca ?
1. MCC of death in Menke’s kinky hair disease ?
1. MC congenital immunodeficiency? 2. Most specific anomaly in IDM ? 3. Expand NESTROF. 4. Treatment for multiple carboxylase deficiency ? 5. MC muscle biopsied in neuromuscular disorders ? 6. Vit C is seen in highest concentrations in which organ ? 7. MC complication in ERCP? 8. Only indication for operation in acute pancreatitis ? 9. MC site for subphrenic abscess ? 10. Antibacterial present in prostatic secretion ?
1. Complication that does not revert after treatment in hemochromatosis. 2. MC complication of H influenza meningitis. 3. Element regulates Na-K channel. 4. MC cause of CCF in first week? 5. Most potent vasodilating substance in body? 6. MC presentation in Wiskott Aldrich syndrome? 7. Hunterian ligature is used in? 8. Abbey Eslander flap is used in reconstruction of? 9. Components of Saints triad? 10. MC variety of mesenteric cyst?
1. Complication that does not revert after treatment in hemochromatosis.
1. Stem cell therapy was first employed in which disease ? 2. Only amino aciduria which does not cause mental retardation. 3. Shrinking lung syndrome is seen in which disease? 4. Supermammary nipples is the teratogenic effect of which drug? 5. Defect most common in congenital rubella syndrome? 6. MC organism responsible for floppy infant syndrome ? 7. Stafne bone cyst ? 8. TOC for annular pancreas ? 9. Salmonella species that affects the colon ? 10. Renal cystic disease where kidney is shrunken?
1. Stem cell therapy was first employed in which disease ?
1. MC cause of acute pancreatitis in children? 2. Neonatal seizure with best prognosis ? 3. Mineral used in treatment of persistent diarrhoea. 4. MC cause of daytime somnolence? 5. Treatment for breath holding spells. 6. Non metastatic liver enzyme elevation in RCC – Syndrome? 7. Staghorn calculi is seen in which infection? 8. Rovsing’s operation is done in ? 9. MC site of SRUS ? 10. MC intrauterine infection ?
1. MC cause of acute pancreatitis in children?
What immunological abnormality will you expect in the 15 day old baby shown in the picture below.
<ul><li>Leucocyte Adhesion Deficiency Type 1 </li></ul>
A malnourished child presents with lethargy malaise & failure to thrive.lab results:Hb markedly decreased,thrombocyte & lymphocyte levels normal,iron B12 folate normal,bone marrow biopsy revealed the most appropriate treatment for this child is
20 yr old man presents with symptom suggestive of bone marrow failure. hematological picture was He was treated. 20 days later, he developed dyspnoea chest pain. X-ray revealed cardiac & pulmonary effusion. Give the diagnosis, most probable treatment given & explanation for the current symptoms.
<ul><li>Diagnosis AML M3. </li></ul><ul><li>Treatment is retinoic acid. </li></ul><ul><li>The current scenario is retinoic acid syndrome devoloping due to sequestration of leukemic cells in pulmonary vasculature. </li></ul>
23 yr old primi with 6 weeks amennorhoea diagnosed to have ovarian cyst. Best time to operate in pregnancy is ?
3 yr old boy had high grade fever with mild pharyngitis for 4 days. Then temperature dropped down rapidly and then he developed maculopapular rash in trunk extending to face and extremities. Post auricular lymph nodes were enlarged on examination. Diagnosis ?