13. Making Sprites Offline
● Python-based solution
● generates .less and .css stylesheets
● command line tool
14. Making Sprites Offline
● Ruby + Rails integration
● Nicely documented, seems easily extensible
15. Making Sprites... with Perl
16. Making Sprites... with Perl
○ last commit: 3 years ago
○ Japanese comments in code (this is cool)
Warning: Cannot install Image::CSSSprite, don't know
what it is
○ no tests, not a lot of POD
17. Why CSS::SpriteMaker?
● I haven’t found a "real" Perl alternative to
make CSS Sprites.
● why installing Python modules and
dependencies to make an image surrounded
by tons of Perl code?
18. Why CSS::SpriteMaker?
● want documented & tested code
● want alternative ways to layout images
● want more organised code