1. The Elderly - Revision Aim: To review the main points of the topic.
2. Elderly Stereotypes Older people have differing needs from younger people – what are they? http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/
3. Housing needs of the Elderly Q. What problems might an elderly person face living in a house like this? Describe the reasons why some housing may not meet the needs of an elderly person (KU 4). http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/ageing-mobility/6030.html
4. SHELTERED RESIDENTIAL NURSING COMMUNITY CARE Shared Lounge Own Flat 24hr Nurses Staff to cook and clean Meals on Wheels Home Helps Free In Scotland Pull Cords Community Nurses
5. Elderly People can also choose to stay in their own homes and get Technology to help meet their needs. Describe 2 ways that Technology can help meet the needs of the Elderly (KU 4) What kind of medical technology is available for Elderly people? Try to list 3 examples.
6. Meeting the needs of the Elderly. TASK – Watch the following video’s and note down some of the things that the Government and other groups provide to help meet the needs of the Elderly. http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/meeting-older-peoples- health-needs/5623.html http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/community-care-for- the-elderly/5624.html Describe the ways in which the Government can help meet the financial needs of the Elderly (KU 4)
7. Inequality amongst the Elderly HEALTH PROBLEMS INCREASE WITH AGE AFFORD PRIVATE HEALTHCARE MAY RELY ONLY ON STATE PENSION NOT CLAIMING ALL ENTITLED BENEFITS HAVE SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY HAVE PRIVATE/ OCCUPATIONAL PENSION LIVE ALONE AND FAR AWAY FROM COMPANY LIVE IN AN UNSUITABLE HOUSE PHYSICAL EMOTIONAL FINANCIAL
8. Some Elderly KU Questions <ul><li>Describe 2 ways in which the needs of some Elderly people can be met by their family (KU 4) </li></ul><ul><li>Explain how the needs of the elderly can be met by one of the following – LOCAL GOVERNMENT/VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS/PRIVATE COMPANIES (KU 4) </li></ul><ul><li>Explain, in detail, why some elderly people have greater health needs than others (KU 6) </li></ul><ul><li>Give 2 reasons why some elderly people are better off than others (KU 4) </li></ul><ul><li>Describe how the housing needs of the elderly can be met by one of the following – SHELTERED HOUSING/COMMUNITY CARE/NURSING HOMES (KU 4) </li></ul><ul><li>Explain, in detail, how the Government helps meet the health needs of the Elderly (KU 4). </li></ul><ul><li>Describe 2 ways that medical technology can help meet the needs of the Elderly (KU 4) </li></ul>http:// www.youtube.com /