3. Professional Development??? Working with colleagues??? Scholarly journals???
6. Connectivism (Siemens) • Knowledge exists in the multiple connections we make • Weak connections vs. strong connections
9. RSS • Real Simple Syndication • Rich Site Summary
11. Push Vs. Pull
12. 1) Set up an account 2) Click on the “subscribe” icon 3) Click to “subscribe now” 4) Read your subscriptions
13. What can Orange do for you?
15. RSS in 21st Century Teaching and Learning
16. From David Parry, University of Albany “ The speed of reading in the age of the digital has changed, and we need to help students navigate this.
17. <ul><li>Reading on the internet requires two separate skills: </li></ul><ul><li>The quick analysis to find what is worth reading </li></ul><ul><li>A switch to slow analysis to carefully consider what has been found. </li></ul>
18. “ What RSS does is allow students to make this distinction, to receive content as "bits" easy to scan, and then to select what they want to read.”
23. “ writing for the web is a matter of continuous conversation rather than static paper design.”