1. Pauline AscroftCareers and Employability Mar 2012
2. Who would you mostlike to be stuck in a lift with and why?
3. Can you do the job?Will you do the job?Will you fit in?You get to assess THEM too!
4. •Prepare your documents/’portfolio’•Plan your journey•Re-read the application•Research the industry•Research the employer•Anticipate questions and consideranswers•Prepare YOUR questions
8. Why have you applied for this job?What 3 words describe you best ?What have you recently been working on?Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?What do you see as the mainchallenges facing ..........Tell me about a time when you workedas part of a team to achieve an objective?
9. •Don’t panic, listen carefully, answer the actual question•Take your time –support with concrete examples•Lots of possible answers to some questions•Be positive and enthusiastichttp://www.jobsite.co.uk/bemyinterviewer/interviewers/Duncan-Bannatyne.phphttp://www.videojug.com/film/how-can-i-make-a-good-first-impression-2
10. Work itself, training and careerdevelopmentOpportunity for further studyMake - up of the teamsAppraisal systemsNOT holidays, pensions, bonuses! Covered everything?
11. Review your performanceWhat went well?Which questions were difficult?Ask for feedbackSend a follow up ‘thanks’
12. Careers Centre Based at FCH Careers Adviser appointments daily (and in vacation) PK appointments every Wednesday and Thursday in term time On line guidance Range of careers resources Web page-check out ‘Destinations’ resource for great CV and careers adviceProspectswww.glos.ac.uk/careerswww.gradsouthwest.com CIPR PR Jobshop PR Week Brand Republic PRCA Jobs Profile Extra simplymarketingjobs Media Guardian