Primavera configure P6 R8.1 Enterprise Reporting with BI publisher(Oracle)
Configure P6 R8.1 Enterprise Reporting With BI Publisher
BI Publisher Configuration Steps
Create P6RPT Data Source:
1. Log into BI Publisher (http://bi_server:port/xmlpserver) as Administrator
2. In BI Publisher, select the Admin tab
3. In the Data Sources section, select the JDBC Connection link
4. Select Add Data Source and enter the following fields for the Database Connection:
a) Driver Type - Example: Oracle 11g
b) Database Driver Class - Example: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
c) Connection String - Example: jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbserver:port:sid
d) Username - Example: pxrptuser
e) Password: - Example: pxrptuser
f) Pre Process Function - Must be: secpac.SET_BIP_USER(:xdo_user_name)
Click Test Connection to ensure that BI Publisher can connect to the database. If the
connection fails, ensure that you have entered the fields as shown and set up your database
5. Click Apply.
Adding P6 Sample Reports to BI Publisher:
1. Copy the P6Reports.zip from the P6 R8.1 media pack to the BI Publisher server
2. Extract the contents of P6Reports.zip
3. Copy the P6reportsOraBIPub10g folder to /XMLP/Reports directory
4. Rename P6reportsOraBIPub10g to P6Reports.
To confirm that the P6Reports have been added successfully to BI Publisher:
1. Log into BI Publisher
2. Click on the Reports tab
3. Click more... under Shared Folders
4. The P6Reports folder should now be visible
Create P6Reports role:
1. In BI Publisher, select the Admin tab
2. In the Security Center section, select the Roles and Permissions link
3. Select Create Role and give it a name of P6Reports and click Apply
4. Click Add Folders and add the P6Reports to Allowed Folders and click Apply
5. Click Add Data Sources and add the P6RPT data source created above to Allowed Data
Sources and click Apply
6. Click Add Roles, highlight all the Roles and click Move All and click Apply.
Create PxAdmin user:
1. Log into BI Publisher as Administrator
2. Select the Admin tab
3. Under Security Center, click Users
4. Click Create User
5. Enter Username and Password, i.e. PxAdmin
6. Click Apply
7. Click Assign Roles next to the new user
8. Assign the P6Reports role and click Apply.
Assign the P6Reports role to the P6RPT Data Source:
1. Log into BI Publisher as Administrator.
2. Select the Admin tab.
3. In the Data Sources section, select the JDBC Connection link.
4. Select the P6RPT Data Source.
5. Locate and highlight the P6Reports role from the Available Roles list and click the Move link
to move it to the Allowed Roles.
6. Click Apply to save the changes.
7. Restart the BI Publisher Weblogic Managed server.
P6 Configuration Steps
P6 Administrator Settings:1. Navigate to the access the P6 Administration page,
2. Login using an Admin Superuser name and password and click Login.
3. Expand the Primavera P6 Configuration folder.
4. Expand the Database folder, and the Instance folder.
5. Expand the BI Publisher folder and then populate the following fields:
Server URL: - enter the BI Publisher server URL. (e.g. http://<BI Server Host
Folder Path(s): - enter the name of the folder where the P6 Reports were copied
to (e.g. /P6 Reports)
Admin Username: - enter the PxAdmin user created above
Password: - enter the PxAdmin password
Personal Folder: - set this to False
Cache Timeout: - set this to 1m
6. Click Save Changes
7. Restart the P6 Weblogic Managed server
Testing P6 Sample Reports:
In order to test P6 sample reports, the following must be true:
The P6 user must be granted Enterprise Reports module access
A BI Publisher user must exist that matches your P6 username and be granted the
Once the above is true, log into P6 and click on the "Reports" tab at the top of the screen.
Then run any of the existing sample reports.