View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• Started in 1980
along with six other
• Funded by state
all types of libraries!
• Different regions
Metronet Web Site
• Guide to metro area library events/activities!
• Resources for librarians and community!
• Directory of children/young adult authors!
• Descriptions of their presentations!
• Contact info!
Library Job Info
• Guide to library jobs in Minnesota!
• Job lines!
• Metronet JobLine!
Continuing Ed Scholarships
• $250 scholarships for
• $500 Steltzner
Scholarship for an
• Report of event
History Day @ your library
• For Teachers & LMS Grades 2-5 & Grades 6-12
• Read books recommended for curriculum or free
• Blog reviews
• Attend Day Camp or Virtual Camp
• Earn CEUs
History Day @ your library
• For teachers, LMS, & librarians who work
with History Day students
• Breakout sessions on research, reliable
resources, & responsible use
• Co-sponsored with History Day, MELSA, &
• Annually in November
Information Literacy Conference
• 2007 Information Literacy: Key to
• 2008 Information Literacy: Bridge to
• 2009 Information Literacy: Everyone’s
What is 23 Things On a Stick?
• A self-directed online learning program
• Web 2.0 Tools
• Round 1--January-June, 2008
• Round 2--June-September, 2008
More Things On a Stick
Watch for Things On a Stick News
in January 2010
Metronet Information Literacy
• Professional development for teachers
• Focus on the MN Info & Technology
Literacy Standards into classroom
• Influence the teaching of the research process
• Increase teacher/LMS awareness and use of Web
2.0 tools useful in the classroom
• Encourage teachers/LMS to incorporate the 3 Rs
• Encourage more collaboration between LMS &
teachers around the research process
MILI 3 Rs
• Research Process
• Reliable Resources
• Responsible Use
• Design & conduct orientation + Webinars + F2Fafter
• Maintain the MILI Ning
• Provide support via the Wiki, email, & in the F2F
• Food! (You provide beverage)
• Attend the monthly Webinar
• Attend monthly F2F meetings--arrive on time and stay
• Participate in the Ning: maintain your blog, comment on
• Create & keep up with Virtual PD
• Be responsible for your learning
• Share your knowledge
• Make suggestions--tools, topics…
• Manage credits for CE, Board Credits, Q-Comp, etc.
• Other incentives as determined by District
• Monitor attendance & compliance for participation
• Make it possible for teachers/LMS to use tools in
Ann Walker Smalley, Director