2. Google Inc.• American multinational Internet and software corporation specialized in• Internet search• Cloud computing• Advertising technologies
3. Creation• Started off as a research project in 1998 by 2 Stanford graduates: Larry Page & Sergey Brin
4. Products• Google search engine• Gmail• Google Chrome• Google +• Google Earth• Google Adwords• Youtube• AND MUCH MORE!!
5. Why do people choose Google?• It is a really simple search engine to use!• People claim that it gives the best results
6. Consumer behavior• 3 types of consumers: • Loyal to Google • Loyal to Google but also to other search engines • Not loyal
7. Finance• Its start... • 1st funding of the project = $100,000 • 2004s IPO gave a $24 b market capitalization• Q1 of 2012 • Revenues = $ 8 575 million • Net income = $ 1 798 million
8. Corporate culture• Ranked 1st as the best company to work for in 2007, 2008 and 2012 • Casual principles • "You can be serious without a suit"• "Googleplex" • Headquarters with entertainment• "Innovation Time Off" • Encourages employees to work on private projects
9. Job opportunities• Vast array of jobs offered • Engineers • Operation and support • Product management • Sales • Marketing • Administration • MUCH MORE TOO!!!!
10. Why people consider Google as the most powerful company in the world?• Google saves each research that you do • Doesn’t have your name but it keeps your IP address• Google reads your mails (Gmail) • It scans the content of your mails in order to serve you targeted ads• Google watches the world (Google Maps)
11. Controversy• Privacy Issues• Law suits against Google for storing each users personal information for 18 months and can therefore be used against them...• Googles defence: • The information is not used and will not be misused... After 18 months of storage, the information is "anonymized"
12. Future strategies• Continue as a search engine• Discovery of phones as potential powerful tools Android!• Cloud computing
13. To finish…• Google is considered as one of the most of successful companies in the world. But also one of the most dangerous...
14. Sources• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googlea• "Inside the mind of Google”• http://www.slideshare.net/Nanor/consumer- behaviour-google• http://www.google.com/about/company/